New Overdrive Pedal and Soundclip

Started by Doug H, November 20, 2003, 02:37:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

petemoore

Thanks you very much Doug!!!
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

Davefx

Doug, you rule!!!  What a player, and what great sounding designs!  :)
Dave

Gary

Doug,

I tried your '89 over the holiday break.  Very nice!  You have a great ear for tuning these circuits.  Excellent work.  This and the Meteor are two "player's" distorters.

Doug H

Thanks Gary. :D

Can you do a soundclip? I'm always curious how this stuff sounds with other people's rigs.

Doug

Gary

Me do a soundclip?  I can't touch your clip!
:oops:
Mine (on breadboard) sounds a lot like your clip.  What amp did you use?  What was the mic, how did you mic, what processing did you use?   I tried it through a Randall Solid State RG35 combo with a 12".  Sounds really nice and worked very well with the SS amp.  I haven't tried it with a tube amp yet.

I'll try to put together a little clip as soon as I can.  Don't expect anything on the level of your clips!

Doug H

It's a yamaha G50-112 SS amp (1x12 open back combo- 50W). I used a Peavey "SM58-alike" mic into my behringer mixer then into my Mac where I recorded it with Opcode Vision/DSP.

It sounds great through my firefly too, so I think it will work well with tube amps, should complement their sound well.

I would like to hear a clip if you get a chance. :D

Thanks!

Doug

Pablo

just wanted to add another thank you, Doug

UR2 8)

So far ive built your firefly & meteor and both are great.
can't wait to get this one together.

Gilles C

I just love it.

I would love to hear it through an already good sounding amp  :wink: , I mean, a Fender tube amp like mine  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Gilles

Gringo

Got your schem today Doug. I'll be checking it tomorrow.

Thanks again!
Cut it large, and smash it into place with a hammer.
http://gringo.webhop.net

lvs

That's a lovely sounding thing.

lucas

Gary

Wheels are turning, Doug.  I should have a clip by the end of the week.  I'll post when it's ready.

RobB

I'd like to have a listen but can't seem to access this page.  Is the link in the first post correct?

Doug H

I have moved the soundclip to my sounds page:

http://dhammond_1.tripod.com/sounds.htm

Scroll about halfway down.

Doug

RobB

Coolbananas.  Nice playing!  Nice sounds!

Bill_F

Samuel

Doug -

Sorry if I asked twice for the schem. Hotmail decided it was spam and I had to go "rescue" it.

jimbob

Doug, Great  sounds!! can i get the schematic? I can be reached at email address jimafelix@msn.com

thanks

jim
"I think somebody should come up with a way to breed a very large shrimp. That way, you could ride him, then after you camped at night, you could eat him. How about it, science?"

KevinSTP

Hey Doug what a smoking sound.I am modding a DS-1 tryin to get a less harsh smoother sound and it sounds like you nailed it. :mrgreen:
  By the way your Site is Awesome.
"Looky What I Done Did"

Carlos

Hi Doug, h ieverybody,

the 5088 and 5089 are pretty similar, though the max gain of the 5089 is slightly higher. I have some 5088, but no 5089 which are hard to get in Europe. Will the 5088 work, too?

Regards

Carlos

Doug H

Quote from: CarlosHi Doug, h ieverybody,

the 5088 and 5089 are pretty similar, though the max gain of the 5089 is slightly higher. I have some 5088, but no 5089 which are hard to get in Europe. Will the 5088 work, too?

Regards

Carlos

I would think it would be pretty close, maybe indistinguishable. Try it on a breadboard and see if you like the sound.

Doug