SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Lovepedal

Started by macula56, December 03, 2004, 01:52:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cbriere

i bet this the circuit used ,
i listenned to the clips and i got the SAME sounds with the one i builted,
coinscidence it has also only one volume pot ::) ::)
search on this site for : "tube sound overdrive"
to find discussions on it.

here is the circuit:
http://aronnelson.com/gallery/Dragonfly-FX-Schematics-%21/TUBE_SOUND_OVERDRIVE

christian

JHS

The circuit layout of the COT is more or less similar to that of the SHO (but w 2N1588 instead of the BS170 and other R-values).
IMHO soundwise the tube sound OD comes close to the COT50 due to the identical I/O-caps which filter the signal in a similar way.

BTW: the COT reacts very,very responsive to trannie hfe-tolerances. If you put 5 2N5088 into the COT you'll get 5 different sounds (more/less gain or distortion, harder/softer clean and crunch tone, more/less bass).

JHS

g3rmanium

Quote from: JHS on March 01, 2007, 04:42:58 PM
BTW: the COT reacts very,very responsive to trannie hfe-tolerances. If you put 5 2N5088 into the COT you'll get 5 different sounds (more/less gain or distortion, harder/softer clean and crunch tone, more/less bass).

That would explain why the two versions I have sound so different. It would also explain why people have been endlessly searching for the mythical differences between the versions with blue and red LED. :icon_rolleyes:
Call me Johann.

Hendrik1

Quote from: JHS on March 01, 2007, 04:42:58 PM
The circuit layout of the COT is more or less similar to that of the SHO (but w 2N1588 instead of the BS170 and other R-values).
IMHO soundwise the tube sound OD comes close to the COT50 due to the identical I/O-caps which filter the signal in a similar way.

JHS

What is the point of bringing this up if..christian said that the 'Tube Sound Overdrive' i listenned to the clips and i got the SAME sounds with the one i builted.

So we are there aren't we? :icon_mrgreen:

cbriere

Quote from: Ghandi on September 08, 2006, 09:15:21 AM
Don't forget the old Electra Distortion,
reduce the input cap change the diodes to 1N1484
and reduce the collector resistor to something around 3K3.

There you go!

These are all information given by Mr.Lovepedal on this forum!

Oh, and I do like the sound
it's not very plexi like but sounds like a light fuzz before a overdrive.

Cheers
Ghandi

i will definitevly try it,
can you indicate link to lovepedal's disscusion group?