News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zerohero

Quote from: xshredx on March 20, 2007, 06:08:42 PM
My last one...  relay controlled volume pedal... sits in effects loop of the amplifier, and is used to switch between normal volume and solo volume. Can be switched with the switch on the pedal, as well as plugging in another latching footswitch (to keep this box close to the amplifier, but the switching on the pedalboard)

Painted by a friend...

i like the paint job on it

kinda looks like gnarls barkley video which i also like..

Processaurus

Wow, your friends artwork is very cool, its got a sinister and yet kinda 70s hipster feeling.  Do they have any other art up online I can check out?  I love that kind of mono chromatic light and shade stuff.  Kinda reminds me of this local savante that makes insane stencils and cutouts, said he'd trade a cutout for a pedal, I should do it...

Impressive work too with the relay control, you could use something like that for switching heads.

xshredx

Quote from: zerohero on March 20, 2007, 07:02:07 PM

:icon_biggrin:
I asked her to do something in the style of that video... normally she does rather colorfull paintings like these:

Impressive work too with the relay control...

Hey, I found the schematic here on this board, I only had to make a pcb layout...     I love diystompboxes.com   :icon_mrgreen:

Tuemmueh

Quote from: xshredx on March 20, 2007, 07:49:51 PM
Impressive work too with the relay control...

Hey, I found the schematic here on this board, I only had to make a pcb layout...     I love diystompboxes.com   :icon_mrgreen:

Would you like to link that schematic and maybe upload the pcb? :)

jonathan perez

Quote from: xshredx on March 20, 2007, 07:49:51 PM
:icon_biggrin:
I asked her to do something in the style of that video... normally she does rather colorfull paintings like these:

sick! dat be tight

no longer the battle of midway...(i left that band)...

i hate signatures with gear lists/crap for sale....

i am a wah pervert...ask away...

phaseman

F A N T A S T I C !

jimosity

I've only been doing this for about 2 or 3 weeks now.

My very first attempt was a "3 Legged Dog" from the Runoffgroove site.
Here's a pic:

I mounted it in an old floppy disk case.  (Note: Gain pot was removed to use in another project, so it's not shown in the pic)

My second project was a JFET Bootstrapping breadboard that I didn't care for the tone of, so it was never built into a box.

My third project which I just finished last week was an MXR Distortion + with a couple mods.
I dropped it in a generic Radio Shack box and painted it metal flake red.   I used the only knobs I had laying around that would fit the pots...
I haven't picked up the footswitch to drop in the box, but plan on it today.   This thing sounds awesome.
Jim Rodgers
jim@americanhc.com

big bustle

Quote from: zerohero on March 20, 2007, 07:02:07 PM
Quote from: xshredx on March 20, 2007, 06:08:42 PM
My last one...  relay controlled volume pedal... sits in effects loop of the amplifier, and is used to switch between normal volume and solo volume. Can be switched with the switch on the pedal, as well as plugging in another latching footswitch (to keep this box close to the amplifier, but the switching on the pedalboard)

Painted by a friend...

great paint job! this looks like a stencil. how did your friend work this out? i havent gotten stencils to work at all.

Ucho

CompaRous+
(a.k.a. Ross Compressor with Fuzzcentral mods)

g3rmanium

Quote from: Processaurus on March 19, 2007, 08:44:42 PM
I built a scrambler into one though, here it is before the board went in:

You put a Scrambler into this?  :icon_eek:

Do we already have an award for the tightest fit ever? :icon_biggrin:
Call me Johann.

darron

i breadboarded this and it sounds really cool. not sure if it does what it's supposed to though? it's very quiet, which is fine since i wouldn't use it at normal volume often. when i give it power it sounds the same as without. i'd probably make this effect passive if i designed it anyway. i made a pcb for it based on the GGG project file (hand drawn for extra crappyness. i DID substitute the IN5817 for a IN5819... will that cause the problem (if it is one?) that i described? there's a 3mm led mounted at the top of the enclosure too which is held in by heaps of super glue and then sanded back (including the top of the led!)

i'm going to put some brushed aluminium knobs on it once i get some nuts for the pots.
Blood, Sweat & Flux. Pedals made with lasers and real wires!

darron

now to go from something really crappy looking to something really classy, if i do say so myself:

darron

fuzz face... i have a collection of old ac128's now... they are that top-hat last kind that they made, a bit more reliable in specs apparently. they seem to be all good so far. this is in a lovely apple green.

ambulancevoice

the pcb looks like art!
Open Your Mouth, Heres Your Money

Serge

the enclosures look sweet too! how did you do the lettering?  decal? t-shirt transfer?

pi22seven

joelap

Quote from: Serge on March 22, 2007, 11:18:00 AM
the enclosures look sweet too! how did you do the lettering?  decal? t-shirt transfer?
Yeah man, that green apple pedal is stunning!  Tell us how you did that!
- witty sig -

zjokka

Quote from: darron on March 22, 2007, 08:29:47 AM

i breadboarded this and it sounds really cool. not sure if it does what it's supposed to though?
It's supposed to at least cut all bass, and using the 1N5819 shouldn't be a problem, used it too without a problem. just higher amperage, and some dealer just stock the highest value it seems.

zj

mikeford

Howdy folks! Love y'all's work!
I got a dumb noob question, how does one post photographs?
Thanks
Mike

jonathan perez

load pictures up on photobucket.com, and insert the tag onto the reply to the thread.

no longer the battle of midway...(i left that band)...

i hate signatures with gear lists/crap for sale....

i am a wah pervert...ask away...