News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cpnyc23

do you find that the 50w bulb has any damaging effect on decals under the clear coat?  i know that baking an enclosure with decals & clear coat tends to not work out as expected... wondering if the light is the same situation.

Also, how long do you leave them curing in the box?  Does it have any kind of holes for airflow?

Thanks!
-chris
"I've traveled the world and never seen a statue of a critic."    -  Leonard Bernstein

Dragonfly

Quote from: kawayanstrat on May 23, 2008, 01:39:21 PM

Your clear coat looks perfect on this, what kind of paint did you use?

Jason

[/quote]Just an ordinary can of clear lacquer spray paint. I have a curing box enough to fit 2 1590s,it's fitted with a 50w light bulb.
That's about 5 coats of clear coat. ;)
[/quote]

" Acrylic " lacquer I would assume ...others might shrink or wrinkle...

kawayanstrat

Quote from: cpnyc23 on May 23, 2008, 01:43:33 PM
do you find that the 50w bulb has any damaging effect on decals under the clear coat?  i know that baking an enclosure with decals & clear coat tends to not work out as expected... wondering if the light is the same situation.

Also, how long do you leave them curing in the box?  Does it have any kind of holes for airflow?

Thanks!
-chris
Sometimes the decals "ripple",so i open the lid a little bit and let some air in,to regulate. I leave the enclosure inside the box about 30mins and i air cool for an hour. I repeat the process until the paint is totally dry.

Quote from: Dragonfly on May 23, 2008, 02:01:38 PM
Quote from: kawayanstrat on May 23, 2008, 01:39:21 PM

Your clear coat looks perfect on this, what kind of paint did you use?

Jason

Just an ordinary can of clear lacquer spray paint. I have a curing box enough to fit 2 1590s,it's fitted with a 50w light bulb.
That's about 5 coats of clear coat. ;)
[/quote]

" Acrylic " lacquer I would assume ...others might shrink or wrinkle...
[/quote]Yes,you're right. I use acrylic lacquer.(i forgot) ;D

tehfunk

Second build, MXR Micro Amp, on smallest smallbear perfboard. I took the tonepad layout and adapted it to fit on the perf, worked well, and yay!, again no errors, worked on first try. I chose green led for gain. Anyway, if you guys have any input, please. I wanted to etch this one, but I didn't get the supplies fast enough, and I needed to finish this one soon (like this weekend) because I am going away the day after school ends for about a month and a half, so I'll probably etch the next one. Not to flatter myself  ;D, the layout, because it is actually useful if you want to fit the micro amp on the above mentioned perf will be available in a too be created folder in the layout gallery. Here are the pics. Oh, and no knob yet, I am having trouble finding the right knobs, that was the only thing I didn't order when I made my order for a few different pedals including this from a few places. I really like the OEP KNOBS does anyone know where to buy them?

P.S. dont get angry that I put up a seemingly unfinished project up  :P, I actually wanted input on what knob to use... so let me know what you think. thanks!
Carvin CT6M > diystompboxes.com > JCM800 4010

The tools of the artist give you a chance to twist and bend the laws of nature and to cut-up and reshape the fabric of reality - John Frusciante

kawayanstrat

Just built another Dr.Boogey  ;D

Renegadrian

GREAT!!! Is that COKE font?!
Done an' workin'=Too many to mention - Tube addict!

ambulancevoice

Quote from: Renegadrian on May 24, 2008, 06:59:54 AM

the coke cola logo isnt a font
Open Your Mouth, Heres Your Money

kawayanstrat

Quote from: Renegadrian on May 24, 2008, 06:59:54 AM
Yup,it is a "coke style" font!

GREEN FUZ

You mean it`s not "the real thing"? :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

Whoo!! I`m on fire...try the chicken. :icon_rolleyes:

BTW: The Coca-Cola logo does use a typeface based on Spencerian script developed in the 19th Century. The word Font has become a Metonym for typeface over the years but more accurately describes a full Character set.

rackham

My first submission.

Also my first 'design', it's a multi-mode (high-pass, low-pass, band-pass) filter with a simple fuzz circuit in front of it for if you want some more harmonic content. With the fuzz knob (hehe, knob!) turned fully down, the signal is pretty much completely clean.

Shame I drilled the LED bezel too close to the stomp switch though :icon_redface:

It's called the Doctrine, my soon-to-be-a-massive-multinational-pedal-manufacturing-company ;) is called Ethic.

ambulancevoice

Quote from: GREEN FUZ on May 24, 2008, 07:58:58 AM

BTW: The Coca-Cola logo does use a typeface based on Spencerian script developed in the 19th Century. The word Font has become a Metonym for typeface over the years but more accurately describes a full Character set.

dont tell me you actually researched that
Open Your Mouth, Heres Your Money

frequencycentral

Quote from: rackham on May 24, 2008, 08:13:34 AM

Nice, reminds me somewhat of an MXR Distortion 2. I'm working on something similar but with envelope control of the filter from a stomp switch. Is your filter voltage controlled? What's the basis of the filter?
http://www.frequencycentral.co.uk/

Questo è il fiore del partigiano morto per la libertà!

GREEN FUZ

Quote from: ambulancevoice on May 24, 2008, 08:42:52 AM

dont tell me you actually researched that

Yep :D. You should try it. ;)

rackham

Quote from: frequencycentral on May 24, 2008, 08:43:19 AM
Nice, reminds me somewhat of an MXR Distortion 2. I'm working on something similar but with envelope control of the filter from a stomp switch. Is your filter voltage controlled? What's the basis of the filter?

The filter is a pretty simple 3-opamp job, it isn't voltage controlled though. I started out trying to build something to do a simple resonant bandpass stuck-wah type thing, then I realised that it wouldn't be that hard to stick a high and low pass in there too.

I've just been using it to record a couple of guitars and a bass and it's a bit of a tone-spanner. you get get tonnes of different sounds out of it when you're being conservative and some pretty wacky stuff when you turn the Q up. I'm pretty chuffed with it 8)

cloudscapes

repainted and decaled. swirlies didn't really do it for me.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
{DIY blog}
{www.dronecloud.org}

Auke Haarsma

that looks incredible!

Swirls don't work for me either. Your design is really cool!

raycroft

dang, cloudscapes... what the heck is that?!!!   I love lotsa knobs!!  The graphics are neato, too.
Master Learner

Timebutt

Very, very slick finish cloudscapes!
Completed Projects: Gus Smalley Booster, Modded Russian Big Muff, Orange Squeezer, BYOC Vibrato, Phase 90

gutsofgold

one knober based off the "swirly fuzz" schematic dragonfly posted awhile back.
i like this one more than the one knob colorsound I built, this one is very smooth and bassy. VERY touch sensitive too.

Valoosj

Quote from: cloudscapes on May 24, 2008, 12:22:14 PM

repainted and decaled. swirlies didn't really do it for me.

Nice work. Now how 'bout that layout/schematic?  ;D
Quote from: frequencycentral
You squeezed it into a 1590A - you insane fool!  :icon_mrgreen:
Quote from: Scruffie
Well this... this is just silly... this can't fit in a 1590B... can it? And you're not even using SMD you mad man!