SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jlullo

Quote from: SonicVI on July 30, 2007, 09:57:26 AM
Here are a couple of new build and some mods:
On the left is a 7 knob Tremulus Lune using the tonepad layout and mods from Commonsound. The controls are spacing, smoothing, symmetry, fine speed, coarse speed, depth, and gain, with bypass and rate half/double switches. On the left is a Colorsound Jumbo Tone Bender clone built on the Tonepad Big Muff board.

The insides of the Tremulus Lune. I plan on trying to clean it up eventually.

The insides of the Jumbo Tone Bender. This is the circuit that they use for the reissue Tone Bender now and it sounds amazing on bass, tons of low end.

This is an original EH Small Clone that I got incredibly cheap and saved from death. Somebody must've stomped the hell out of it. When I got it the bottom part of the case was kinda mushroomed out, there was a dent in the top, the LED was burned out, and there's a crack in the pcb. I completely rewired it and I had to repair some traces and bad solder joints near the crack, but it works fine now. I bypassed the FET switch and put in true-bypass. I also changed the depth switch to a vibrato switch and added a depth knob.

Here's an original EH Hot Tubes. I replaced the direct out jack with a pot to blend the effect out and direct out. I use it with bass and the blend really works great to add more bottom.

And the insides of the Hot Tubes.  I should replace everything with shielded wire because they pick up noise from the AC wires. I just moved them all as far away as possible and it helped a lot.

This is on the pcb of the Hot Tubes. :)  Madhava is apparently another name for Vishnu or Krishna. Is this a holy pedal?

i really like the look of those two builds!  good job!

MicFarlow77

Quote from: jlullo on July 29, 2007, 01:57:18 PM
i'm a little horrified with how sloppy it is inside.  i did some poor planning and wasn't used to working in such a small space...

the taped off green lead is coming from +9v, in case i decide to add an LED later :)

may i present to you... the sloppiest build i've ever done!

Nice Work Jonathan!

jlullo

thanks mick :)  i'm going to be MUCH neater on the black one

BTBAM

Who had that TINY true bypass looper?  like 1.5x1.5?  I really need one.

MicFarlow77

Quote from: jlullo on July 30, 2007, 04:39:57 PM
thanks mick :)  i'm going to be MUCH neater on the black one

I can't wait to see pictures.....  :o :o :o

Gila_Crisis

my new fuzz box:

a modded fuzz face  :icon_mrgreen:

JimRayden

Wow, nice one Gila. Certainly has some of that ZV-mojo.

---------
Jimbo

royzic

excellent work everyone!
keep it up 8)

Jfet booster and a fuzz

nordine

Quote from: Gila_Crisis on July 31, 2007, 02:24:35 AM
my new fuzz box:

a modded fuzz face  :icon_mrgreen:

thats the tastiest green i've ever seen,
i'd chew on it

bonkdav

here are some of the pedals ive made since ive started building

the way left one is a lbp2 i put in 2 boxes i liquid welded together and  ran wires across the bottoms through holes.  the piano box has the 3pdt and the dc jack and the other box has everything else and the battery snap just dangles out the bottom.

the little bugger next to it is also an lbp2 i managed to fit everything into that tiny box - jacks, a large pot from radio shack, led, 3pdt, battery and the wee little circuit board.

below those is my first build ever, a companion fuzz kit i got from ggg

the striped guy is a lofomofo

to his top right in the square box is a contro fuzz

straight down is a muff fuzz in a cigarrette tin thing

the huge rectangly thing is a combo box with a scrambler and an octavia

and the sucrets tin is an a/b box with led indicators that can hold a battery within or has a dc jack

i like to recycle so most my knobs are ripped off other things, youd be amazed at what can turn into a knob when you jam a 1/4" drill bit into it

Dragonfly

^^^^^^^^^^

DIY at its heart...i freakin' LOVE it !

Uma Floresta

A couple of OLC kits I built:

Scotty Did

caress

^^^^^^^^
:icon_lol:  amazing...!  hahaha

nyquist aliaser with cv input

L:  rebote 2.5 with modulation and a 500k delay pot!  R:  trem lune with aux LFO  (not the best picture...)

343 Salty Beans

Finished the Digidelay rehouse. :)

bonkdav

Quote from: Dragonfly on August 02, 2007, 12:39:35 AM

DIY at its heart...i freakin' LOVE it !

Thanks a ton man

Gila_Crisis

dschwartz

This is my new "Dual rectal Plus" based on Gaussmarkov´s Dr Boogey layout...

it sound as it looks!

My blog!!
http://dsmnoisemaker.blogspot.com/
----------------------------------------------------------
Tubes are overrated!!

http://www.simplifieramp.com

Fuzzy-Train

Tonepad MXR MicrAmp in my strat... the black switch is a "neck on" switch. The MA's switch is the blue one under the standoff... can only see a little bit of it. The PCB was etched by John Lyons. Sounds great and really gets my amp working hard.

THERE IS NO SIG.

The user formerly known as NoNothing.

Stuff I built!
http://s174.photobucket.com/albums/w106/Cpt_sergeant/?start=allRandom

Barcode80

passive A/B selector