News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sst4270

Oops I forgot to mention... I put the detailed layout I created here along with a parts list in PDF format.

http://www.aronnelson.com/gallery/main.php/v/diyuser/Burst+Pedal+RS+Board/

Thanks again.

Steve

Kev77

Quote from: ~arph on April 12, 2010, 08:38:04 AM
Very nice!

I do dislike tall enclosures like that though..
ok, that is a sick pedal.. awesome

Ben N

Quote from: ~arph on April 12, 2010, 08:38:04 AM
Very nice!

I do dislike tall enclosures like that though..
Good for the back row of the pedalboard, if you don't have a riser.
  • SUPPORTER

jkokura

Not a new pedal, but a heavily modded one.

I decided my Bespeco Volume pedal needed an upgrade. I wanted to put a buffer in, and while I was at it I decided to include a direct/tuner output. I know that I could just use the same output from one buffer, but I looked for a good layout/schem of a dual output buffer, and since I had a spare TL072, it was perfect to use that for one. Found a vero layout at another DIY forum, got the schem and made my own perf layout:

So the Volume pedal now goes from the Input jack and through the buffer. Output 1 goes through the volume pot and then on to the main output jack. Output 2 goes direct from the buffer to the secondary output jack.

And the Guts

Jacob

knealebrown

Firstly i apologize for the terrible pun........ok i dont mean that :P.

Get ready for the geekiest pedal design since the 'set phasers for stun' pedal by rick

Bet you cant guess what it is?

''99 problems but a glitch aint one!''

phector2004

an ultraviolet LED vampire shield?  ::)

Hides-His-Eyes

Lots of room in a bespeco volume, I'd quite like to put something like a tremolo in one and put the 'rate' on the treadle and the depth on another pot that could easily fit on the back plate...

...But i have amp tremolo now, which I'm very fond of.

Do wah pedals need special pots? Or as long as i could get hold of a suitable inductor, would that be enough?

jkokura

I'm not sure you could easily get a wah into one, but I know Bespeco makes several pedals that are housed in the same enclosure.

I'm trying hard to find access to blank enclosures like them. I like them a lot more because of their size over the Ernie Ball versions. I'm going to build a few expression pedals and a Mini Blender/parallel looper into one if I can find the enclosures reasonably. And a true Stereo Volume pedal with internal buffer also... I imagine they're made in China, by the same people who used to make them for Boss, and now make them for Line 6 also. But the Bespeco units are made in Italy, so who knows.

Jacob

differo

Finally I got my pics online and I want to share them immediately! I'll start with my first builds even if they are only to laugh at:)

MXR dist+ (tonepad, this is that cheap rather ugly enclosure from futurlec, this is before I discovered this forum and die-cast :)

Condor Cab Sim (Runoffgroove - excellent effect!! I use it a lot (even live) looks ugly but hey.. we learn by our mistakes:)

TS 808 (also tonepad)

Rebote delay 2.5 (tonepad)

MXR noise gate (tonepad)

Tremulus Lune (tonepad)

Bsiab2(GaussMarkov)

Ross Compressor (tonepad)

Valvecaster (this forum?:)

DR Boogie (gaussmarkov)

MXR Envelope Filter (tonepad with some mods - Thanks to Mark Hammer for help on this one!)
My first try to etch enclosure - not that good. This is electrolysis etch, as you can see VERY shallow. It was in the etch bath for several hours..

Ross Phaser (tonepad) My second attempt to etch. As FeCl is hard to find in Sweden, I tried my luck with something I had at home, that I belive you guys call Muriatic Acid - Common stuff to get rid of dirt (or whatnot) in sewer pipes? I hope you get it.. A bit better than electrolysis but a bit aggressive - bad definition and dull surface.  

Sansamp GT2 (tonepad) Third attempt to etch this time with the 'right stuff' FeCl:) Followed Slade's and MarkM's tutorials, much cleaner result IMHO. There will be definitely
more etches I managed to gain some confidence now (was pretty much giving up on etching enclosures..).

Fraverb (tonepad -awesome possibilities with this one, haven't explored it yet but .. really promising!) Design is a bit 'borrowed' of another builder with the 'binary' concept for switches.. that until I figure out some smoother way. Master Mix is buff'nblend - needed for last two (reverb) settings. If you're into ambient reverbs build this, you won't regret!

Sorry for a long post, but I wanted to introduce my self for a long time to all you (that I ask for help) and didn't have time to upload some images from my camera. Hope you don't mind.
Cheers!
My youtube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/BeToneful

Rebote2.5,MXR dist+,DrBoogie,BSIAB2,Ross Compressor&Phaser,MXR EnvFilt &Noise Gate,TS808,Condor CabSim,SansampGT2,Fraverb,Small Clone,TremLune,ValveCaster

sst4270

TEST PHOTO POST

First build completed.

gut shot

darron

probably should have waited for a new page before posting this many, but can't wait!

these were a collaborative work with a mate Shaun Klinger. I pretty much helped him with the enclosure finishing...

Blood, Sweat & Flux. Pedals made with lasers and real wires!

AudioMime

Quote from: differo on April 13, 2010, 07:56:16 AM

Fraverb (tonepad -awesome possibilities with this one, haven't explored it yet but .. really promising!) Design is a bit 'borrowed' of another builder with the 'binary' concept for switches.. that until I figure out some smoother way. Master Mix is buff'nblend - needed for last two (reverb) settings. If you're into ambient reverbs build this, you won't regret!

:o :o :o

I would love to build something like that, could you post a link?
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
AUDIO MIME
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Quote from: rousejeremy
Stick the Tremulus Lune in a Feedback Loop and your neighbors will call the cops on you. Which will be awesome.

differo

QuoteI would love to build something like that, could you post a link?
It's Fraverb on tonepad.com, it has some errors both in layout and schematics but nothing that you can't sort out. Read all the comments on tonepad and search this forum, I can also help you if you decide to build it.   
My youtube channel:

Rebote2.5,MXR dist+,DrBoogie,BSIAB2,Ross Compressor&Phaser,MXR EnvFilt &Noise Gate,TS808,Condor CabSim,SansampGT2,Fraverb,Small Clone,TremLune,ValveCaster

jkokura

philbinator1

OK here's my 2nd and third built-from-scratch pedals (the first was a fix-up job for a mate):

Fuzz Face:

BSIAB2 (just finished tonight!):

...the fuzz got pretty messy inside (and this is after i cleaned it up!), i was messing around with mods and changes
to resistors for aaaages.  the brown sound went better, i managed to house it in a regular sized box i salvaged from another
old build.  I saw someone attach the circuit board to the bottom so tried it, worked great.  I really want to get more into
coming up with colour-coded wiring for different components. I started with diff. colours for the pots in the bsiab2.  Also I want to
get into etching, painting, and making pcbs (i using vero currently) when i can afford it.  not to mention stocking up on quality
parts, ie. taiwan blue 3pdt's, switchcraft jacks & alpha pots.  the jacks in the bsiab2 are so flimsy you could almost snap 'em
with your fingers  :)  i'll replace them when i get supplies.

I used old knobs that I salveged of old radios, turntables etc, I like the look of them.  I'm gonna start scouring the antique
dealers for old sturdy tins too...might be cheaper than the enclosures i get at Jaycar.  the finish on both is pretty rough but i'm
just happy they're both going, really  :)

Next build: maybe Dist+ or III, but more likely Dr. Boogey.    :icon_twisted:
"Hows are we's?  We's in the f*cking middle of a dinners meal!  Dats hows we am!" - Skwisgaar Skwigelf

JoeGuitar

Quote from: differo on April 13, 2010, 07:56:16 AM

Cool pedals.

Looking at your Sansamp GT2, and where you have the volume set, is it really LOUD?  I believe that I get unity at about 1 on mine....

differo

its not that high up its just a bit up, volume is on the right side if you maybe thought about drive pot? but yes, it's quite loud!
My youtube channel:

Slade

Great work, Emir, beautiful pedals.
Hablas español, verdad? Saludos desde Chile ;)

differo

Hola Slade! en realidad, no hablo español, pero este dicho me ha parecido interesante.
I wish that I remember more from my spanish courses but as I don't use it that much it dissapears so fast.. Thanks for comment - coming from you, it feels good heheh fortunately you didn't post any of your pedals on the same page so I though - I'm safe hehee:)

Saludos y un abrazo desde Suecia!
My youtube channel:

Nikolay

My latest box:

A custom designed power supply for pedalboard.
This unit is based over my power box:
http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y23/Naudio/Power%20Box/
but it has another 15V transformer for my 6ch footswitch controller + switching power supply module : 12V@2A. It's heavy and big :)