News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Telvis

Recycling a printer cartridge, Ruby amp with headphone output.

deadastronaut

https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

bluebunny

+1

Here's my clutch of recent offspring.  Been a while in the making, mostly due to my workshop (i.e. outdoors) being cold and wet.  First up is a One Knob Fuzz:

Second is Rob's reverb before the famous CHASM:

<--- I think I caught Rob's likeness quite well...   ;)

That was last weekend's output.  This weekend I did a bit more.  Here's a Professor Tweed that's sat unboxed for months and months:

And finally Merlin's take on the one-chip chorus, aka "Low Cost Chorus":

I'll go and have a bit of a lie-down now...   ;D
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

deadastronaut

arghhhhhh there's a pot in my eye.. ;D

8) 8) 8)
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

wildebelor

Got some cool photos of the latest pedals!

Sorry for the overload  :icon_twisted:
I can't think of anything funny just yet.

vigilante397

THOSE KNOBS.   ;)
  • SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

mrizzone

bluebunny

Quote from: vigilante397 on May 20, 2014, 03:32:27 PM
THOSE KNOBS.   ;)
Quote from: mrizzone on May 20, 2014, 07:59:51 PM
Prince Albert

I think I stopped by the wrong forum by mistake...   :icon_eek:                                                                          :icon_biggrin:
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

pickdropper

Wildebelor, those are beautiful.

dromilious

A new one from me

Galego

thelonious

^ Cool stuff! Love that box shape, too.

~arph

Been a while since my last build.. Particularly proud on this one, hate to see it go

Liquitone

Looks great arph. yeah sometimes it difficult to part with a build, but it says something about the effort you put into it, so that's good.
Lovely builds all around. I've been a bit lazy with replying in this thread, and it's impossible mentioning all the awesome builds now.  But I especially like Wildebelor's fuzzes and that metallic green FET boost from Storyboardist and that all glass component fuzz from midwayfair is pretty awesome. oh and that spring reverb in a tweed enclosure quite a few pages back is a thing of beauty.

I have been working on so many projects lately that it's making my head spin. One is a 10 channel stereo bypass looper with wet/dry mix and phase-switch for every channel.
Another one is a fuzz, envelope filter/phaser, octaver, flipster combo in a 19 inch rack for a bassist. The other ones are 3 stereo vibes, one in a 1590D and two in a wah enclosure.

Here is the first one I've just finished. It is similar to last years Deluxe Stereo Vibe, but without the expression pedal, so I put the speed, cancel and chorus/vibrato switch on the 1590D itself. I've redone the layout to fit the circuit for momentary switch/relay operation, so there are 2 boards on top of each other now.
The 'mode' toggle-switch is one that is a momentary switch when pushed down and a latching switch when pushed up. Pushing down switches chorus/vibrato modes, and when pushed upwards it latches the bypass relay in 'always on' mode and changes the bypass footswitch into the chorus/vibrato switch.

I tried to keep the wiring as simple and short as possible, but I think it's still too messy and complicated, so I will have to rethink how to simplify it. These are really things you don't know how it works out until you've built the thing.

fastbreak78

What type of electronics board, with the poles sticking out, is that, Liquitone? It sure looks handy to have around!
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take." ~ Wayne Gretzky

"Every strike brings me closer to the next home run." ~ Babe Ruth

Mustachio

Look up Turret Boards Fastbreak.

Well I think this is my first finished build of the year , I've been busy and slow with everything.

rutabaga bob Sent me the bottom of this enclosure the Bud frequency calibrator ! Really nice of him and I love re purposing cool old stuff like this ! Thanks again Larry!

And The circuit inside is a fuzz face with onboard charge pump from italianguy63 , Sounds real wooly :) Thanks Mark!

I made the top of the box with some mild steel cut and bent and sanded to a shine.

Thanks again guys I guess this should be the Bud Fuzz since bits and pieces came from forum members :) You guys are great

"Hhhhhhhnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggg"

Jdansti

Nice job, Jim!   :)

Cool stamping, Liquitone! :icon_cool:
  • SUPPORTER
R.G. Keene: EXPECT there to be errors, and defeat them...

italianguy63

Thanks Jim-- looks great in that small enclosure!

I too like the "old school" metal stampings Liquitone!
MC
I used to really be with it!  That is, until they changed what "it" is.  Now, I can't find it.  And, I'm scared!  --  Homer Simpson's dad

Liquitone

Thanks guys! yeah It's a turretboard. I drew a veroboard with standard spacing, pins and components in CoralDraw and design the layout by dragging the parts around the screen.
Then I mark the holes for the pins on a real veroboard which I then use as a drill template and drill the holes on a FR4 board.
The 'turrets' are small pins with a knurled bit in the middle that keeps them tight on the board.

Strategy

building building building all the time but rarely a chance to post. here are a few keepers for the permanent collection:

EDP Wasp filter as a standalone pedal. Runs on +9V, switchable overdrive, cheap/low parts count! Sorry the guts shot is not more diagrammatic.

-----------------------------------------------------
www.strategymusic.com
www.community-library.net
https://soundcloud.com/strategydickow
https://twitter.com/STRATEGY_PaulD