Dunlop Univibe UV-1 Question

Started by dosmun, February 22, 2006, 09:25:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dosmun

I have a Dunlop Vibe that is not working.  I know for sure it is in the lamp circuit.  I replaced Q13 with a socket and a 2N3904,  the lamp still does not work.   I confirmed the Lamp works  by connecting it directly with a battery.  I think I need to adjust the bias on Q13.  There are 2 trimmers on the board but neither are  near Q13 and neither affect Q13 at all. I can't tell if the circuit traces connect either of the trimmers to Q13 and I have tried a continuity test but they don't seem to connect.
All of the schematics I have found and info about vibes is on the Univibe or Neovibe.  Does anyone know specifically  what the trimmers on the Dunlop vibe do?  I know I am close but without a schematic of the Dunlop I am leary about messing without stuff that I am not exactly sure what it does.

lethargytartare

Wish I could! I have one that is stuck in the fastest speed, but Dunlop can't fix it -- I sent it to them and they said "sorry -- we don't have the boards to fix those any more"... and I was stymied by how complex it is...now I'm hoping just to find other folks with broken ones so I can try piecing the boards together to try to end up with a working one...

or I'll just gut it and put a couple of other circuits in there...

Please post your results, though!  Best of luck!

ltt

dosmun

Quote from: lethargytartare on February 22, 2006, 12:22:32 PM
Wish I could! I have one that is stuck in the fastest speed, but Dunlop can't fix it -- I sent it to them and they said "sorry -- we don't have the boards to fix those any more"... and I was stymied by how complex it is...now I'm hoping just to find other folks with broken ones so I can try piecing the boards together to try to end up with a working one...

ltt

Try replacing the footswitch jack.  The contacts on the one I am fixing were causing the same problem exept mine was stuck on slow speed.  To test it stick a scrwerdriver bewteen the shorting contacts on the top of the Footswitch jack.

dosmun

I got the problem solved.  It was the voltage regulator and the lamp driver tranny.  I just ordered a new jack to replace the FS jack and I should be back in business.

lethargytartare

I will check that tonight -- thanks for the input!!

Quote from: dosmun on February 26, 2006, 12:30:36 PM
Quote from: lethargytartare on February 22, 2006, 12:22:32 PM

ltt

Try replacing the footswitch jack.  The contacts on the one I am fixing were causing the same problem exept mine was stuck on slow speed.  To test it stick a scrwerdriver bewteen the shorting contacts on the top of the Footswitch jack.

formerMember1

*post was for univibe for sale*

not for sale anymore, it sold....

dosmun

Oops posted on the wrong thread ::)

sabbadius

HI, I´M FROM ARGENTINA, AND I MADE THE NEOVIBE JUST LIKE IT IS IN THE SCHEMATIC OF GGG, THE FIRST I MADE WORKS PERFECT, BUT THE SECOND ONE NOT, IN THE VIBRATO POSITION IS VERY LOW THE EFECT SOUND, WHY???.. SOO I DON´T KNOW WHAT THE PORBLEM IS, I CHANGE THE 2N3904 AT ALL!! AND SEEMS WORKS IN THE SAME, BUT THE VIBRATO DOESN´T WORK.. I DONT KNOW IF CAN BE THE PHOTOCELLS OR SOMETHING ELSE.. CAN YOU TELL ME WHAT IS GOIN ON IN THIS PROJECT THAT I CAN´T USE THE VIBRATO POSITION??? WHAT CAN BE THE PROBLEM??? THANKS!!!!!