Guild "Foxey Lady" fuzz ....

Started by MartyMart, December 10, 2006, 02:54:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MartyMart

I had this half done from many moons ago and finished it up last week.
I used Dragonfly's stripboard layout and it fired right up without any adjustments at all !
http://aronnelson.com/gallery/album17/GUILD_FOXEY_LADY_FUZZ

Used 3904's, this has "TONS" of volume and can be quite thick or thin depending on the
controls .... not really a "Fuzz" amount , more of a tone setting with fuzz adj from your
guitar vol.
Made C6 4u7 as suggested....
I like it a lot, some real good tones from it  :D
Thanks Andy :D

MM.
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"
My Website www.martinlister.com

nightingale

I agree!
At the perfect "fuzz" setting I get a cool grindey sound that is similar to an octave up. At more extreme "fuzz" settings mine has loads of sustain. It is in the same family as the Fuzzrite, but it has quite a different character. I think I used some tin can 2369a's [Hfe 90ish] with my build.

I love all of the Fuzzrite family circuits. They seem to be "players fuzzes". If you know the right settings you can get all sorts of tones from one pedal eg:  octave, gatey, raspy Iron Butterfly OD tones, thick FF type, you get the idea...

The only drawback of the FL that I built is that is does not clean up with guitar volume as well as the Fuzzrite?

I think my favorite Fuzzrite family fuzz is the fuzzer buzzer/orpheum fuzz, with the SI fuzzrite being close in 2nd place. I do keep a shi-ei companion on my board as well for those white noise type fuzz assaults!

I am exited to give that Walco fuzz that has been floating around of late a shot when I can find the time.

Woah,
This is my longest post in years!

be well,
ry

be well,
ryanS
www.moccasinmusic.com

tcobretti

I have never heard of the Fuzzer Buzzer.  Do you have a schem for that one?

nightingale

Here you go.
It has loads more output than the Fuzzrite, and the tone control actually has "some" effect on the tone. Which makes it a little more versatile  in my opinion.

be well,
ryanS
www.moccasinmusic.com

tcobretti

Thanks!  I've never seen that one.

Dragonfly

tcobretti

I don't know how I missed that in your gallery.  You've got too many layouts in there!

nightingale

Quote from: tcobretti on December 10, 2006, 08:45:00 PM
I don't know how I missed that in your gallery.  You've got too many layouts in there!

He just put it there 5min ago.
be well,
ryanS
www.moccasinmusic.com