Maestro Filter + Sample & Hold

Started by DanielWong, April 04, 2007, 06:32:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DanielWong

http://tonepad.com/getFile.asp?id=96

At the left-lower of the schematic, the up and down switch...the "up" position goes to "Direction". What the ferk is that?

And do I need a 3 way toggle switch for that?

What does "CV" go to?

Is the 2M2 pot really nessesary?

oldrocker

The up / down switch can be a DPDT which I believe only controls the wah filter. 
The 2 CV connections I believe just connect together.  And the 2M2K pot controls the resonance of only the sample and hold section and doesn't do much if anything to the wah filter.  I built one of these but I'm not totally sure I'm right about all I wrote but if someone else chimes in they may have more accurate information.

DanielWong

Well, what does it do?
And do I need a on (on) off style switch?

What does CV mean? Why doesn't it just put both "connections" together instead of confusing the simple minded with CV symbols??

And I was wondering if I could just use a 2 meg pot instead of a 2m2 pot

calculating_infinity

Hey Daniel,
     CV means control voltage.  2M pot should be fine.  I can't help you with your other questions though. 

-Jonathan

oldrocker

CV does mean control voltage.   I don't know why but usually you would put a 1/4" jack so you could add a voltage controller to it.  The PCB layout looks to me that the two CV's are connected together.  I'm not sure why that is.

jrc4558

The switch is for the direction of the sweep of the filter, bro!

Andre

Both CV "connections" are normally connected to the 3rd CV connection which is the collector of transistor Q3, but as oldrocker already said, you could also wire them to a switched 1/4" jack, so you could use an external Control Voltage to drive the filter.

QuoteAnd do I need a on (on) off style switch?

No, just plain DPDT for both the switches.

André

oldrocker

Right.  That's correct there are 3 CV connections.  The two from the OTA chip from pin 1 and 16 have a 22K resistor before connecting to the collector of Q3.