perf layout for a blender?

Started by foxfire, May 27, 2007, 04:56:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

foxfire

i just built a bazz fuss, my first non kit pedal. it is for my bass player so i want to make her a blender also. i have seen the schematic for the b. blender, but i'm only just starting to be able to read them. i haven't found any vero or perf layouts. also she will never use active pickups so could i get away with the min blender?

cab42

Last weekend I started building the B.Blender. I was planning to build it on perfboard using Gaussmarkov's pcb-layout as a guide.

I found out that I had no perfboard so i whipped up a vero layout instead. Then, our washing machine broke down, so I spend the weekend diy'ing that instead of building the blender, and haven't had any time since  >:(

Eventually I will build the blender using the vero layout and share it when its verified, I just don't know when.

However, it shouldn't be hard to build it on perf, using Gaussmarkov's layout. There's a few advantages in this, its more compact, and its verified.

Let me know if you are interested in the vero layout.

Regards

Carsten

• SUPPORTER
"Rick, your work is almost disgusting, it's so beautiful.  Meaning: it's so darned pretty that when I look at my own stuff, it makes me want to puke my guts out."
Ripthorn

royzic

Hi foxfire

look at the layout at Gaussmarkov's site and see if you can work it out on perf;
http://gaussmarkov.net/layouts/bblender/perf.png

Iv'e made this quick perf layout of the mini fet blender,just in case
according on the scheme here- http://seanm.ca/stomp/minblend.html

there it is;  (i don't know if it is verified though)

don't forget to connect all sleeves to ground and the input ring to 9v-

good luck

Roy

foxfire

thank you both, my plan is to put both the fuss and the blender in one pedal to make the fuss a bit more useful. i am leaning towards the mini blender but i'm 100% on the impedance issue? well i understand the issue i'm just not sure whether there is an issue in my case. if she's only gonna use passive pickups do you think she'll have a problem?

tell you what Cab let me try to work it out and then i'll come a calling. i'm gonna build a orpheum fuzz once the parts come in and then i'm gonna build the big blender for myself.

foxfire

i'm gonna try the mini blender but i don't have any 2n5457's is there another transistor i can swap in?

royzic

2n5458
mpf102
j201

other fets with the same pinout

choklitlove

Quote from: royzic on May 27, 2007, 06:22:10 PM

the jacks are wired to the sleeves.  they should go to the blue lug.  just so people don't run into an obvious problem...
my band.                    my DIY page.                    my solo music.

jophus

Anyone done a vero board layout for this? Also for the fuzz of a female bass player..... (did that come out wrong?)

sevenisthenumber

I built this and Im im getting is a volume knob? no blend?

sevenisthenumber

i had some solder overlapping. Works great!!

oldrocker

Another good substitute for a 2n5457 is a 2n5952.