Previous topic - Next topic

Mich P

Hello !
Does anyone know how to make it ?
Thanks
Mich P.

Mich P

cpnyc23

Can't say that I do but it is something that I would really like to see... I'm close to building one but that is a feature that I love about my Fulltone Vibe (which I'll sell if the Neovibe works out).

So, I'd love to see any responses to this.

-chris
"I've traveled the world and never seen a statue of a critic."    -  Leonard Bernstein

Nitefly182

You should be able to add another LDR under the shield as a current limiter for your rate indicator led.                                                   

Zedmin_fx

Quote from: Nitefly182 on May 27, 2008, 10:05:32 PM
You should be able to add another LDR under the shield as a current limiter for your rate indicator led.                                                   

I think I did that but it turned off the lamp and the led turned on and was blinking.

roknjohn

I used the method described at the link below. Seemed to work just fine for me. Info is about half way down the page.

http://www.lynx.bc.ca/~jc/pedalsUnivibe.html

R.G.

Using an LED/resistor in series with the bulb is OK as long as you get an LED that works OK on nearly the same current as the LFO bulb. If the bulb needs more current than the LED can stand, you'll smoke it. The LED/resistor is OK for a rough and ready approach. It either features or suffers from, depending on your viewpoint, fading out with low intensity.

I think another follower could be hooked onto the LFO to be independent of the intensity control. That would take a transistor and a resistor in addition to what's there already and would be independent of the intensity control, which is my preference.

R.G.

In response to the questions in the forum - PCB Layout for Musical Effects is available from The Book Patch. Search "PCB Layout" and it ought to appear.

Mich P

yeeshkul

here is my indicator implemented in R.G's schematics. works well.

I picked a green 2mA diode and 150 ohm resistor in parallel ( blue 10-20mA LED and 330 ohms resistor), but a trimmer is THE solution.

Mich P

Mich P

R.G.

Re: Rate or speed led indicator in Neovibe
« Reply #6 on: Yesterday at 09:52:02 PM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Using an LED/resistor in series with the bulb is OK as long as you get an LED that works OK on nearly the same current as the LFO bulb. If the bulb needs more current than the LED can stand, you'll smoke it. The LED/resistor is OK for a rough and ready approach. It either features or suffers from, depending on your viewpoint, fading out with low intensity.

I think another follower could be hooked onto the LFO to be independent of the intensity control. That would take a transistor and a resistor in addition to what's there already and would be independent of the intensity control, which is my preference.

It's sound cool RG
A little schematic maybe ?
Thanks answering anyway !!
Mich P.