Rebote Delay with Loop mod

Started by jimosity, September 30, 2008, 08:05:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimosity

I just built the Rebote 2.5 and want to put an effects loop in it so that the repeats are effected.
Can anybody tell me exactly how to do this?
Jim Rodgers
jim@americanhc.com

jimosity

Jim Rodgers
jim@americanhc.com

skiraly017

BYOC used to have an effects loop mod for their deluxe delay which is Rebote based. Shoot me an email, I think I have the instructions on my hard drive someplace.
"Why do things that happen to stupid people keep happening to me?" - Homer Simpson

blanik

lift the right side of the 33k resistor above IC2 (you can actually make it 15k or 20k, you will have more volume control on the repeats only, at 33k unity between dry and delayed signal is when level pot is maxed but sometimes in band settings you loose the effect, reducing this resistor will have unity at 75% travel of the pot, leaving you a 25% boost for the wet signal)...

soooo, lift the right side of the resistor, send it to your effect send, then bring back the effect return lead to where the resistor was connected (right side pad) and voilĂ ... i suggest using a switching jack in the effect send so when nothing is inserted the signal goes back to where it would normally...

with wht i said here, only the delayed signal will be sent through the loop. the dry will remain dry...

R.

PS: if you plug another amp in the send jack, you will have a stereo delay...

jimosity

Quote from: blanik on October 01, 2008, 02:21:51 PM
lift the right side of the 33k resistor above IC2 (you can actually make it 15k or 20k, you will have more volume control on the repeats only, at 33k unity between dry and delayed signal is when level pot is maxed but sometimes in band settings you loose the effect, reducing this resistor will have unity at 75% travel of the pot, leaving you a 25% boost for the wet signal)...

soooo, lift the right side of the resistor, send it to your effect send, then bring back the effect return lead to where the resistor was connected (right side pad) and voilĂ ... i suggest using a switching jack in the effect send so when nothing is inserted the signal goes back to where it would normally...

with wht i said here, only the delayed signal will be sent through the loop. the dry will remain dry...

R.

PS: if you plug another amp in the send jack, you will have a stereo delay...

AWESOME!!!
That's exactly what I was wanting to know.
Now, you say lift the right side of the resistor and send it to the loop.
It'd be quick work to figure out, but just so I can clear it up - the loop comes BEFORE the resistor, right?
Jim Rodgers
jim@americanhc.com

blanik

the delayed signal comes from the wiper of the 100k Level pot, goes through the 1uF cap, then through the 33k resistor, THEN it's mixed back with the dry signal, the mixed dry/wet signals go through the 51pF cap, another 1uF and then the output...  so the right side of the 33k (where it goes back to join the dry signal at the 51pF) is where you divert your wet signal to the send of the effect loop...(you actually have to unsolder the right side of the 33k to "send" it to the loop send, and then the return jack goes to the now unused right side solder pad of the 33k...

that being said, i used 33k in the above text for references purposes but i strongly suggest you use a 20k... i've build a lot of those Rebotes for friends, touring musicians for the most and the 33k is really underpowering the wet signal... a 20k won't change the sound, it will just give you the possibility to make it a little louder if the need arises

claytushaywood

Sorry to bring up an old topic but this could be a cool mod for the crazy amount of 2399 circuits out there!

I did the mod and while it does work.  There is a problem. It works fine with a jumper cable connecting the send and return jacks  (I didnt have a switching jack)... in fact the dry signal passes through just fine without anything in the loop... Could this be used as a buffer and delay switched on and off with a spst soft touch footswitch? 

anyways- when I have an effect in the loop, even an effect that I can control volume on.  there is a huge volume boost, even with the volume of the pedal in the loop turned down (even turn the volume completely off), and i even did a mod for this particular circuit that allows an overall level control of the output signal, even with the level and mix turned down   with the mix and level down you can get it so it's not so loud its distorting like mad (still distorted though)

Anyways, it's quite a big gain boost plugging in another pedal... Could I just take on a pot wired for volume control on the return or send to keep it down... or something else?

Anyone have any ideas?  I guess it's doing this because of impedance changes, but I'm a n00b so i'm not sure on anythinng accept that otherwise the pedal is functioning normally.  I didm use the mad prof deep blue delay vero layout from tagboard fx, and I did add the overarll level pot and a momentary runaway repeats footswitch on the feedback pot to ground.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

jbvidigal

Well I am a noob as well... Most of the things you all say here are gibberish to me!
Anyways I try! Try hard enough, I think, to be able to make a pedal work!
I'm slowly... very slowly, finding my way through everything.

So back to subject!
The loop you are talking about... what exactly do you plug to these jack sockets?
Does the Rebote has the ability of being turned into a loop station or is it otherwise an external loop station that is "inserted" midway through the circuit!?

Seljer

Quote from: jbvidigal on May 07, 2012, 06:08:54 AM
Well I am a noob as well... Most of the things you all say here are gibberish to me!

So back to subject!
The loop you are talking about... what exactly do you plug to these jack sockets?
Does the Rebote has the ability of being turned into a loop station or is it otherwise an external loop station that is "inserted" midway through the circuit!?

The loop is so you can add an external effect only to the repeats of the delay. This allows you to get a variety of interesting sounds, fun are modulation pedals like choruses or phasers. A fun thing to do is to insert an octave pedal (like that Electroharmonix POG) to do an octave up, it gives you this shimmery U2 type pad sound

claytushaywood

Quote from: Seljer on May 07, 2012, 06:16:28 AM
Quote from: jbvidigal on May 07, 2012, 06:08:54 AM

So back to subject!

The loop is so you can add an external effect only to the repeats of the delay. This allows you to get a variety of interesting sounds, fun are modulation pedals like choruses or phasers. A fun thing to do is to insert an octave pedal (like that Electroharmonix POG) to do an octave up, it gives you this shimmery U2 type pad sound

Have you actually done this mod to this circuit??  It doesnt seem like anyone has actually confirmed this mod... it's causing extreme volume increases no matter what I have plugged into the loop (a patch cord connecting the loop to retain normal delay operation works fine) but even if I have a pedal in the loop that I can completely turn the volume all the way down on, the loop is still distorting with too much volume.  Could it have someething to do with impedances?

has anyone actually done this mod?