News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Boss SD-2 wiring

Started by enquiryband, April 07, 2009, 09:09:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

enquiryband

does anyone know how the boss sd-2 is supposed to be wired up? i got one with no inputs, outputs, on off switches, and no battery jack. if anyone could give me a hint as to where this stuff goes please help me out.
The mark of an educated man; to entertain a thought without accepting it. Aristotle

jefe

First, see if you can find an SD-2 schematic, and post a link to it here.

kupervaser

I have the original pedal at home. Let's see if i can open it up tomorrow and check it for ya.
Jeff

enquiryband

Quote from: kupervaser on April 07, 2009, 05:50:20 PM
I have the original pedal at home. Let's see if i can open it up tomorrow and check it for ya.
Jeff

alright thanks. that would be very helpful. i spent at least 6 hours on it yesterday trying different combinations and nothing seems to work. all i get is a high pitched whine.
anyways, here's the schematic i found.
The mark of an educated man; to entertain a thought without accepting it. Aristotle

enquiryband

okay, so i found one of the three jacks. dont know which one it goes to but it has a grey cord with a white one in the center. the other two are being pulled from a scrap pedal.

jefe

Quote from: enquiryband on April 07, 2009, 06:32:12 PM
anyways, here's the schematic i found.

Yo, here's another one from the gallery, with an image of the board as well... it's a bit blurry, but it should help:

http://www.aronnelson.com/gallery/main.php/v/KHE/Boss_SD2_schematic.jpg.html

kupervaser

Do you still need to know where the cables go? Because that picture in the last post is actually all you need. Now it must be very easy.

enquiryband

Quote from: kupervaser on April 08, 2009, 10:44:03 AM
Do you still need to know where the cables go? Because that picture in the last post is actually all you need. Now it must be very easy.

all but the effect on/off. where does the other end go? if i hook another on/on switch connecting the remote, how would i hook that up?

thanks everyone!

kupervaser

The on/off switch has only 2 connectors.
The wires in Boss pedals are numberd (did you know that?), so one goes to the mainboard numbered as 2. And the other one goes to ground.

Is this helpfull?

enquiryband

Quote from: kupervaser on April 08, 2009, 03:04:37 PM
The on/off switch has only 2 connectors.
The wires in Boss pedals are numberd (did you know that?), so one goes to the mainboard numbered as 2. And the other one goes to ground.

Is this helpfull?

yes very! thank you!

kupervaser

Let me know if you managed to fix the SD-2

enquiryband

Quote from: kupervaser on April 09, 2009, 04:21:42 PM
Let me know if you managed to fix the SD-2

i got power to it but it doesnt shut off when i unplug it. i hooked the on off switch to i think 2 and 3 while 4 and 5 are the battery connections. the red (crunch?) works and i think the green (lead?) would work if i got a new switch since the current switch is broken off in the green channel.

kupervaser

According to the schematic 3 and 4 are the battery connections. The on/off switch is connector 2 and ground. Just follow the schematic and you can't go wrong there.