Another U.S. source for 9mm pots?

Started by midwayfair, December 06, 2012, 05:01:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

midwayfair

Smallbear's been sold out of 50K linear and 100KA for an eternity, and I'm down to my last living example of each.

Banzai has them both, but shipping is absurd and I'd rather mess up a case or two trying to fit 12mm pots ... Jaycar is the only other source I know for these and they only have the 50KBs.

Help a 1590A addict out? :)
My band, Midway Fair: www.midwayfair.org. Myself's music and things I make: www.jonpattonmusic.com. DIY pedal demos: www.youtube.com/jonspatton. PCBs of my Bearhug Compressor and Cardinal Harmonic Tremolo are available from http://www.1776effects.com!

smallbearelec

The boat docked in Port of NY TODAY, and we expect parts at our door Tuesday or Wenesday next.

Regards
SD

midwayfair

Quote from: smallbearelec on December 06, 2012, 05:55:17 PM
The boat docked in Port of NY TODAY, and we expect parts at our door Tuesday or Wenesday next.

Regards
SD

Oh! Excellent. :)

I've got an order already sitting in my cart, so I'll just be patient before pulling the trigger. Thanks!

I guess I could have e-mailed to see when they would be back in stock.
My band, Midway Fair: www.midwayfair.org. Myself's music and things I make: www.jonpattonmusic.com. DIY pedal demos: www.youtube.com/jonspatton. PCBs of my Bearhug Compressor and Cardinal Harmonic Tremolo are available from http://www.1776effects.com!

PRR

> I could have e-mailed to see when

Steve may not have known until just now.

Broskie just posted "04 December 2012 - Parts Update - Recently, I ran out of ceramic tube sockets. I had ordered ..., but they took forever to arrive. Why? ... we are much closer to Christmas. ...it looks like my order for more RTI capacitors (made back in May, yes May!) will finally be fulfilled soon."

This time of year the ships are bloated with stuff that MUST be in K-Mart for Black Thursday sales through Xmas. Sockets caps and pots must wait for gaps between crates of Furbies(!) LEGOs Barbies and Monsunos.

Steve may have known when the pot factory shipped to the dock, but I suspect the dock is a madhouse and he didn't know when it left port or when it was getting near NYC (or if it would come to SD and truck across the country) until the ship hit land and the manifest was posted.

And if Broskie's order took 6 months, nobody should be holding their breath or making promises until they KNOW the stuff is a truck-run away.
  • SUPPORTER

smallbearelec

Quote from: PRR on December 06, 2012, 07:16:32 PM
Steve may not have known until just now.
...may have known when the pot factory shipped to the dock, but I suspect the dock is a madhouse and he didn't know when it left port or when it was getting near NYC (or if it would come to SD and truck across the country) until the ship hit land and the manifest was posted.

Fortunately, our stuff comes into Port of NY, so was not delayed by the strike in LA. And my forwarder is pretty good; I have always had notice when the ship leaves China, and arrival dates have almost always been accurate. The worst surprise comes when the forwarder tells you that Customs is doing a "VACIS" exam. That is when they physically search the whole container because they suspect that someone's boxes may be hiding dope or illegal aliens, or just a random check to "help keep everyone honest." Takes ten business days, part of the joys of being an importer. But at least U.S. Customs is not notoriously corrupt, and the process for bringing "stuff" in is pretty standard. I have seen progressivlely greater paperwork requirements since 9/11, but the forwarder gets paid partly for managing that mishigoss.