Tayda shipping prices have nearly trippled for enclosures!

Started by Arcane Analog, December 14, 2012, 12:35:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arcane Analog

I went to place an order for an almost identical part lot and the shipping price has skyrocketed! I actually emptied my cart, reorded a previous order and sure enough there was a huge difference. The order previously cost me $17.99 in shipping but today it costs $47.31!

Anyone else have this issue?

EDIT1: CONFIRMED!

EDIT2: Tayda dropped enclosure prices to help offset the shipping increase. Good job Tayda!

See below!

midwayfair

Can't come close to duplicating that except with 30 enclosures and DHL shipping. ...
My band, Midway Fair: www.midwayfair.org. Myself's music and things I make: www.jonpattonmusic.com. DIY pedal demos: www.youtube.com/jonspatton. PCBs of my Bearhug Compressor and Cardinal Harmonic Tremolo are available from http://www.1776effects.com!

alparent

Yes make sure you didn't accidentally select DHL shipping.

armdnrdy

Where are you located......The Island nation of Nauru?  ;D

While I'm working on the logistics of a project, I usually add parts that I don't have to my Tayda shopping cart. Right now I have $10.20 in my cart. The standard shipping cost to Southern California is calculated at $1.54.

Seems like nothing has changed.
I just designed a new fuzz circuit! It almost sounds a little different than the last fifty fuzz circuits I designed! ;)

Arcane Analog

You can expect all prices to be increased as they change over their system. Here is Tayda's reply:

We are sorry for shipping price increasement for enclosures.

Let me explain;

Just recently we find out that we did put totally wrong weight values for all enclosure sizes we have.
So we have lost really lots of money on shipping costs due to this mistake.
For to give example, your order xxxxxx , while we charged you $17.99 for shipping in fact we paid $73 for shipping ( it was 4.7 KG shipment ).

I don't know about how other places prices, I didn't had time to do some work on it yet. But for now this is really what we can do best.

PS: If you have any ideas or recommendations about this matter, please feel free to share with us.

We apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you for your patience.

armdnrdy

That makes sense to me.

A couple of orders ago, I added six pieces of 6x6 copper clad board (you know...the board that received some complaints in the other post) to my usual order of fairly lightweight components. The shipping charge was very low. When the package arrived I was a bit puzzled that Tayda could ship that much weight for the same price as a lightweight order without the heavy copper clad board.

I think that someone at Tayda dropped the ball on the shipping weight prices. There is a big difference in weight between one enclosure and twenty enclosures.
I just designed a new fuzz circuit! It almost sounds a little different than the last fifty fuzz circuits I designed! ;)

haveyouseenhim

Not a problem for me ???

How many enclosures and whats you location?

• SUPPORTER
http://www.youtube.com/haveyouseenhim89

I'm sorry sir, we only have the regular ohms.

Arcane Analog

Two weeks ago I only paid $18 for 20 x 125Bs and a big lot of other componets. Your order above would have cost me under $8 for Registered Economy shipping. when you buy in quantities of 20+ boxes shipping increses are a big deal.

That said, Tayda just replied to me and while they cannot reduce their shipping prices they have dropped the prices of their boxes. For instance, 125Bs are now down $1 and only cost $3.99 each. You have to give it to Tayda, they listen to the customer and they are damned quick about it.

haveyouseenhim

oh wow. the price went down in the time since I posted that :icon_eek:

Tayda's great about customer satisfaction.
  • SUPPORTER

Arcane Analog

Quote from: haveyouseenhim on December 14, 2012, 02:28:53 PM

Tayda's great about customer satisfaction.

I am not sure "great" is a sufficient adjective. They are still slightly more expensive than 4Site per box after adding in shipping but the customer care is above and beyond.

Arcane Analog

...and they just threw out a 15% off coupon!

Final Coupon For 2012 :)
15% Discount Coupon Code : GOODBYE2012
Valid till 18 December 2012 ( 12pm New York time )
**Please make sure to apply discount coupon during checkout, we can't apply it manually after checkout is completed.
Happy Shopping!
Thank you for choosing us.

haveyouseenhim

Crap.  They always put out a coupon when I can't make an order. (I have to get a friend to order it for me)

And the last order I was able to make I forgot to use the code >:(
  • SUPPORTER

Arcane Analog

The last one I had a massive cart full. I wanted to go through my stock to make sure I was not forgetting anything, became distracted and when I returned the coupon had expired. Wish I have of placed this order last week!

Pyr0

Wow  :o that's a big jump in shipping costs, I might just start getting my enclosures from musikding again, better quality but a little more expensive, and shipping costs in europe are reasonable.

pappasmurfsharem

Well my last order was 28$ with two enclosures,, selecting reorder made it 60 cents cheaper with the new pricing. I have no complaints....
"I want to build a delay, but I don't have the time."

R.G.

Quote from: Pyr0 on December 14, 2012, 08:51:37 PM
Wow  :o that's a big jump in shipping costs
Actually, it sounds like Tayda is correcting a mistake, not increasing their shipping costs. They were giving away money in the form of heavy discounts on shipping and didn't know it. Giveaways simply can't go on forever, whether the giver knows they're making a gift or not.
R.G.

In response to the questions in the forum - PCB Layout for Musical Effects is available from The Book Patch. Search "PCB Layout" and it ought to appear.

Pyr0

Quote from: R.G. on December 15, 2012, 04:13:59 PM
Quote from: Pyr0 on December 14, 2012, 08:51:37 PM
Wow  :o that's a big jump in shipping costs
Actually, it sounds like Tayda is correcting a mistake, not increasing their shipping costs. They were giving away money in the form of heavy discounts on shipping and didn't know it. Giveaways simply can't go on forever, whether the giver knows they're making a gift or not.

Agreed, it always surprised me how low their shipping was.

pappasmurfsharem

Looks like the enclosures went back up in price? strange
"I want to build a delay, but I don't have the time."

Arcane Analog

Quote from: pappasmurfsharem on December 16, 2012, 07:58:37 AM
Looks like the enclosures went back up in price? strange

Now they are $0.50 more than before the shipping increase!?

Arcane Analog

...and the shipping has gone down but it is still double what it was last week. The net result is that yesterday the order in my cart was $165 and now it is $173.

I think I might just bite the bullet and start buying from 4Site again. *shudders*