AD-3205 delay distortion issue (SOLVED)

Started by armdnrdy, December 29, 2012, 10:43:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave W

Thank you for all the R&D and solutions for this project. :icon_cool:
That's where it's at.

chi_boy

The AD3208 is really pretty close in design to the Auapuss.  The important stuff like the filtering is almost identical.   

Now Bean is also working on his rendition of the Aquaboy Deluxe, which is based on the AquaPuss, but significantly enhanced with double delay and modulation and other goodies as well.   

If Bean (Brian) was to make provisions for the trimmers or even just pads for the extra resistors, the Aquaboy Dlx would make this obsolete since everything would already be there.   
"Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people." — Admiral Hyman G. Rickover - 1900-1986

The Leftover PCB Page

bean

The ABDX more or less uses the same ideas...series resistor mods on the BBDs which you can change depending on the BBD you are using. Having trimmers would be great, but the PCB is absolutely packed to the gill as is. It does have a trimmer to set the feedback threshold, though.

Anyway, the v3205 is kind of a beast to deal with. I think there is a reason more commercial pedals use the BL3208s (just more of them). That's what the Memory Boy uses, and I think the Carbon Copy (not sure). I just wish someone would manufacture a new BBD that can handle 15v. But, it'll never happen. DIY guys are kinda left with making the low end technology work well enough.