Eternity Overdrive ...

Started by HOTTUBES, December 30, 2012, 06:33:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

haveyouseenhim

Yes. it goes to lug 3 and out lug 2......lug 1 goes to ground
  • SUPPORTER
http://www.youtube.com/haveyouseenhim89

I'm sorry sir, we only have the regular ohms.

HOTTUBES

I built an Audio probe last night , i have been meaning to do this for awhile now , so maybe i can figure out
where the signal is Going and or Stopping etc ...

* Volume Pot *

Lug 3 Input from OD board
Lug 2 to Effect Input on switch
Lug 1 to ground  

Thanks Mike !!

SmoothAction

Shouldn't lug 2 of the volume pot be going to the effect out of your switch, not effect in? Perhaps you just swapped the board in/out wires accidentally.
"Never heard a man speak like this man before, never heard a man speak like this man before. All the days of my life ever since I've been born, never heard a man speak like this man before."

HOTTUBES

Lug 2 - Distorted signal leaving the Volume pot going back to the stomp switch .
Lug 2 - Should have continuity with the output jack when circuit is ON

I have double  &  triple checked the wiring  , so i know for sure it's not that ....
But your right , its going to be something simple & stupid ! Ha !!

HOTTUBES

I wire my switches like this .....

SmoothAction

As long as vol lug 2 is going to "from pcb output" you're good. It was very early when I typed my response earlier, sorry if it was completely off base. Good luck! I can appreciate your perseverance.
"Never heard a man speak like this man before, never heard a man speak like this man before. All the days of my life ever since I've been born, never heard a man speak like this man before."

HOTTUBES

Quote from: SmoothAction on January 01, 2013, 02:25:30 PM
As long as vol lug 2 is going to "from pcb output" you're good. It was very early when I typed my response earlier, sorry if it was completely off base. Good luck! I can appreciate your perseverance.

Not to worry , it's all good !!
I appreciate the Help !!

SmoothAction

"Lug 2 - Distorted signal leaving the Volume pot going back to the stomp switch .
Lug 2 - Should have continuity with the output jack when circuit is ON"

If you are getting an overdrive signal at vol lug 2 in "on" mode, then its failing at the switch... To me that sounds like I would need to concentrate on my bypass switch for cold joints. You might have a faulty switch also... Did you use a brand new 3pdt, or did you salvage one from an old build? You'd be surprised how easy it is to screw up a 3pdt into non working condition, at least I was. Just spitballin' here.

HOTTUBES

Quote from: SmoothAction on January 01, 2013, 02:46:14 PM
"Lug 2 - Distorted signal leaving the Volume pot going back to the stomp switch .
Lug 2 - Should have continuity with the output jack when circuit is ON"

If you are getting an overdrive signal at vol lug 2 in "on" mode, then its failing at the switch... To me that sounds like I would need to concentrate on my bypass switch for cold joints. You might have a faulty switch also... Did you use a brand new 3pdt, or did you salvage one from an old build? You'd be surprised how easy it is to screw up a 3pdt into non working condition, at least I was. Just spitballin' here.

I will check and report back a bit later ...