News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

A/B/Splitter Blend

Started by effection, March 22, 2013, 01:49:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

effection

I'm usually good with this stuff, but I haven't been able to think straight lately, so I could use a quick verification. I was thinking of a way to reroute my pedal board for the sound that I want. Splitter Blend was the obvious choice for my main sound. Some crazy dirt stacks in one loop and a Sparkle Drive set to mostly clean in the other.

However, I realized that I didn't have the options of doing only one loop or the other. Simply bypassing loops doesn't work for me because I'd just be blending in clean signal. I decided a cool method would be two footwitches, one to switch loops and one to blend them together.

As a result, I thought of incorporating a simple modified ABY box into the Splitter Blend.

Would this idea work.

Edited: Did a slightly better mockup to avoid any confusion.

hans h

Hi effection. I know this post is old, but would really like to know how this worked out for you and what setup you settled on in the end. I want the exact same thing: a splitter blend which also allows for A or B. Actually I would also like to be able to send them to two different outs since I have a vox ac15. Some effects sound better through the normal channel, but the top boost channel is great for a slightly dirty clean tone. Thanks in advance, Hans

BJM

Hi,

I've build a splitter/blend and my solution was a bit simpler than this. I used two footswitches and wired the sends to ground, as explained in this article:

http://www.muzique.com/lab/splitter.htm

For AorB and A+B you'll need two footswitches. For me it worked, and because I grounded the send it also gave me "trails" on my delay pedal.

Although with two different "outs" it wouldn't be "blending"??