Looper with loop order switch

Started by solarplexus, May 23, 2013, 10:01:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

solarplexus

Hi guys,

I'm building a true bypass looper and I want a flip switch to flip loop 1 and loop 2.  Is there any diagrams out there to demonstrate how to wire this?  I tried the search but could not find any. 

Plz help,

Matt
DIY Poser.

caspercody

Try this link:

http://www.singlecoil.com/tb-strip/tbstrip.html

half way down there is a question, Is it possible to reverse the order of two loops?" This might answer your question

solarplexus

DIY Poser.

R.G.

Quote from: solarplexus on May 23, 2013, 10:01:13 AM
I'm building a true bypass looper and I want a flip switch to flip loop 1 and loop 2.  Is there any diagrams out there to demonstrate how to wire this?  I tried the search but could not find any. 
You're not a geofex reader, I take it.

See the "Juggler", http://www.geofex.com/article_folders/juggler/juggler.htm from 1999.
R.G.

In response to the questions in the forum - PCB Layout for Musical Effects is available from The Book Patch. Search "PCB Layout" and it ought to appear.

solarplexus

Thanks R.G. I used to be a reader ;) haven't been here in a while.

In my looper pedal, I want it to have a section that goes "out" after the first loop and back "in" to put in a distortion pedal and have a loop before (loop 1) and a loop after (loop 2).  Is it possible to flip 'em even if I have the distortion coming out between the two?

Thanks for any advice!

DIY Poser.

Soup39

solarplexus

Thanks for the help guys. 

Question is:  Is it possible to flip 2 loops with an out/in in between? 

ie:  Loop 1 (enveloppe filter, whammy) - out / in (Tech21 Leeds) - Loop 2 (Ibanez Fl-9, Mutron III) ? 

The Leeds would stay at the same place in the chain, while the loops would switch place?

Please help.
DIY Poser.

R.G.

Quote from: solarplexus on May 25, 2013, 12:53:45 PM
Question is:  Is it possible to flip 2 loops with an out/in in between? 

ie:  Loop 1 (enveloppe filter, whammy) - out / in (Tech21 Leeds) - Loop 2 (Ibanez Fl-9, Mutron III) ? 

The Leeds would stay at the same place in the chain, while the loops would switch place?
It is always possible to do with switches what you could do with plugging and unplugging cables. You just have to draw out what connects with what and then use enough SPDT switch sections to make that happen. That is how I did the Juggler, and I used the thought process the Juggler article shows. There is always some number of SPDT switches that will do it if you can do it by switching cables.

Notice that you may need to consider your loop as a separate pedal. You may be trying to switch two pedals around the ends of a third  middle "pedal". That's how it seems from your description. That may take a lot of SPDTs or not. Have to draw it out.
R.G.

In response to the questions in the forum - PCB Layout for Musical Effects is available from The Book Patch. Search "PCB Layout" and it ought to appear.