Building my own 2-button Fender footswitch

Started by jamesg, June 17, 2013, 08:21:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamesg

Hi,
Just stumbled across this forum and figured this was the perfect place to pick some collective brains about building up my own 2-button Fender footswitch. I own the '65 re-issue Super Reverb which comes with the vintage style 2 button footswitch which as many of you probably already know, is pretty useless and lasts five minutes!
Looking at the retail cost of a new footswitch from Fender, I've decided seeing as it's such a simple switch that I'd make my own. At least I know I can use nice quality components, for less than a new Fender item and it will last longer.

The footswitch in question is one of these...

So just a reverb on/off & Trem on/off.

I've found this wiring diagram on google...

Looks about right to me, but I'm sure some of you guys that have more experience may be able to point out any issues. My amp is a UK market model by the way.

I've already had a good look around for good quality components etc and found a few out there, but I'd like some tips and advice from you guys before I dive in! Anyone made their own version of this footswitch?

Thanks in advance,
James

jamesg

Started the ordering process by getting the enclosure first, just a hammond 1590. I hate how close the two switches are on the original footswitch so I should be able to locate them a little further apart with this size enclosure. Now onto finding some nice quality switches...

jamesg

Could anybody tell me if this model Carling Switch would be suitable?

http://www.carlingtech.com/sites/default/files/documents/Carling-PB-110-316P-Series-Ext.pdf

A lot of shops list them as the switch used in Fender reverb/trem foot switches, but the spec I've read off the side of the existing switches are different to these 110 series.

If anyone knows that would be great :)