Merlin Equinox Reverb foot switch and power jack

Started by peterg, July 15, 2013, 11:35:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

peterg

I'm working on creating a layout of the Merlin Equinox Reverb and have a couple of questions re the foot switch and power jack. The schematic link is:

http://dc341.4shared.com/doc/EKbOHDHm/preview.html

I'm going to use true bypass switching. Do I do regular switch connections with in and out and connect "Fsb" on the upper right of the scheme to 9V?

I don't understand the reason for D1 and the difference between CON1 and 9V on the upper left of the scheme. Can someone explain?

merlinb

Quote from: peterg on July 15, 2013, 11:35:28 AM
I'm going to use true bypass switching. Do I do regular switch connections with in and out and connect "Fsb" on the upper right of the scheme to 9V?
Yes.

I don't understand the reason for D1 and the difference between CON1 and 9V on the upper left of the scheme. Can someone explain?
D1 protects against incorrect polarity.
CON1 is a 2.1mm DC jack. You don't have to use it if you don't want to- you could use wires going to the PCB.
The "9V" is just a reference label on the circuit diagram; it connects to all the other 9V labels.

peterg

Thanks Merlin! It's good to hear directly from the circuit creator! I've heard some clips and it sounds great!

peterg

Merlin

Please expand on the quote from a previous post below. I'm only familiar with true bypass. What components could I remove by using true bypass. Alternatively I could wire it up as per the scheme and learn something new!

Re: Equinox: Easy PT2399 Reverb
« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2011, 07:56:36 AM »
Quote from: dam28 on September 27, 2011, 07:20:58 AM
Interesting. So it's simply the bypass on the circuit? I could just feed the output of the op-amp into the input of the PT?
Yes you could replace Q1 with a direct link, if you are using true bypass or something.

merlinb

Quote from: peterg on July 16, 2013, 09:11:34 AM
Please expand on the quote from a previous post below. I'm only familiar with true bypass. What components could I remove by using true bypass.
You can remove:
Q1
R22
R23
C29
(I'm guessing it would be more convenient for you to keep R24 and D2 (status LED) on the PCB, although it's up to you).

Add a short circuit from the collector to emitter of Q1.

peterg