Can you adjust the CLR in the Millenium Bypass 2?

Started by pappasmurfsharem, July 30, 2013, 09:48:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pappasmurfsharem

Can the current limiting resistor in the MB2 be adjusted for maximum brightness or is it important that it's within a certain value?

I accidentally built the MB1 in my recent zendrive clone and the led acts finnicky. At times it doesn't light up others it will and it's periodically dimly lit when off.

I'm going to remake a millenium 2 board but with a 2k the LED is just too dim for me. I like being blinded.
"I want to build a delay, but I don't have the time."

R.G.

In the Millenium 2, the LED current limiting resistor can be any value as long as it's not over the current rating of the MOSFET. In particular, you'll probably burn out the LED before the MOSFET, so go get blinded.
R.G.

In response to the questions in the forum - PCB Layout for Musical Effects is available from The Book Patch. Search "PCB Layout" and it ought to appear.

pappasmurfsharem

Quote from: R.G. on July 30, 2013, 10:22:33 PM
In the Millenium 2, the LED current limiting resistor can be any value as long as it's not over the current rating of the MOSFET. In particular, you'll probably burn out the LED before the MOSFET, so go get blinded.

Ahh the man the myth the legend himself.

While your here what is "usable for a low leakage diode" I believe I saw someone say 2N3904 transistor, but I have no idea how to connect that as a diode.

Ahh I found it here.

Quote from: R.G.
In the Mil 2, the low leakage diode ought to be something like the collector base junction of a 2N3904 transistor. Tie the cathode of the 1Nxxx to +9, the anode to the gate and the collector of the 2N3904, and the base of the 2N3904 to ground.

R.G.

keen@geofex.com
"I want to build a delay, but I don't have the time."

mistahead

Well think about it - a diode is a one way, two legged semi-conductor.

A transistor is three leg one way semi conductor - two diodes back to back with a shared leg - check out the wikipedia pictures and the schematic symbol for NPN/PNP and it really makes sense.

If not I'll remind myself of what the 3904 is (PNP/NPN) and look at the picture and get back to you.