Diefet - Dual channel mod?

Started by Jaicen_solo, August 21, 2013, 05:24:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaicen_solo

I've got a Diefet, and I love it, however as with almost everything I want MOAR.

Is there an easy way to make a dual channel kind of thing? I basically want to be able to switch between two settings of the gain pot with the same EQ etc, is this possible without popping??

J0K3RX

Quote from: Jaicen_solo on August 21, 2013, 05:24:58 PM
I've got a Diefet, and I love it, however as with almost everything I want MOAR.

Is there an easy way to make a dual channel kind of thing? I basically want to be able to switch between two settings of the gain pot with the same EQ etc, is this possible without popping??

The easiest way I can think of is add a foot switch that throws a resistor across the gain pot. You could start with a 100k trim pot and adjust it until you find just the right setting then replace with a resistor of the same value... When you engage the foot switch it would connect the resistor across lugs 1 and 3 of the gain pot lowering the value and the gain... You could leave the trim pot on there but they can contribute to noise since they are not shielded...

Or, you could just add a second gain pot and toggle between the two with a foot switch...   easy but adds another knob to the already crap load collection of knobs. I have done both of these on pedals with no pop.
Doesn't matter what you did to get it... If it sounds good, then it is good!