Help with pedal voltage

Started by HelpingFriendly, August 22, 2013, 06:17:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HelpingFriendly

I have a question. If my pedal has 6 filter caps all rated at 50V (1uF) what is the max voltage I can run it at? Would 16v be too high?
Thanks

Digital Larry

16 volts won't hurt your capacitors, but it certainly could blow up something else that wasn't rated for that voltage.  What kind of pedal is it and what else is inside?
Digital Larry
Want to quickly design your own effects patches for the Spin FV-1 DSP chip?
https://github.com/HolyCityAudio/SpinCAD-Designer

HelpingFriendly

R.G.

What do you hope to achieve by running it at higher voltages?
R.G.

In response to the questions in the forum - PCB Layout for Musical Effects is available from The Book Patch. Search "PCB Layout" and it ought to appear.

HelpingFriendly

Well I ran it last night for about 15 mins at 16v and really liked the difference it made with my setup. I got a tighter bass response and overall thickness. Much more pronounced

Just was hoping it was safe so I dont kill it!

pappasmurfsharem

Quote from: HelpingFriendly on August 22, 2013, 09:17:22 PM
Anyone?

As stated earlier look up the data sheets for the parts in your build find the max voltage
"I want to build a delay, but I don't have the time."

jimilee

Is there a question there? I'm interested in your findings. I built a ross and so far no too impressed with it.

pappasmurfsharem

Quote from: HelpingFriendly on August 22, 2013, 11:21:47 PM

Did you circle the resistors? I'm confused... the trannies are what matters
"I want to build a delay, but I don't have the time."

HelpingFriendly

pay no mind to the circles.. I know they are resistors

R.G.

Quote from: HelpingFriendly on August 22, 2013, 06:57:10 PM
Well I ran it last night for about 15 mins at 16v and really liked the difference it made with my setup. I got a tighter bass response and overall thickness. Much more pronounced
Just was hoping it was safe so I dont kill it!
Well, if you've already done it for 15 minutes and it still works, you're probably fine.
R.G.

In response to the questions in the forum - PCB Layout for Musical Effects is available from The Book Patch. Search "PCB Layout" and it ought to appear.