Looking for mid level tromolo to build - opinions?

Started by Lizard King, September 17, 2013, 08:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lizard King

I've looked at the Lune and that seems like it has a LOT of bells and whistles....not sure I need all those.  What's your "favorite" tremolo?

Thanks.

Jopn

I like the lune, but if you want simplified, then the Culturejam Shoot the Moon is designed for just this purpose.

peterg

The Vox Repeat Percussion is not that difficult. There are a number of pedals based on this circuit including Skippy and EarthQuaker Devices Hummingbird.

Lizard King

Quote from: Jopn on September 17, 2013, 08:51:41 AM
I like the lune, but if you want simplified, then the Culturejam Shoot the Moon is designed for just this purpose.

I guess my biggest problem with the lune is finding a layout.  I would want to add the symmetry mod instead of the fine and I'm not too good at drawing up my own layouts.  Is there a lune layout available?

Thanks!

Jopn

Kesh

i built the demeter tremulator, based on the fact that it's used by radiohead and ry cooder and immitates a fender reverb

sounds fine, no breathing, though i did separate the VCO from the gain section, and used low current op amps for the VCO. also managed to get the LED flashing in time, though out of phase with volume.

GGBB

• SUPPORTER

thom

Lizard King

Thanks all....I'm going to go with a modified tonepad lune and see if I have any luck with it.  I'd post my layout but I don't have a photo sharing account anywhere..... :icon_sad:

duck_arse

lizard, have a look at the trem-face at geofex.

thom, let us know how you go with that, it's one of our favourite debugs ....... and there is some mods about too.
granny at the G next satdy eh.

digi2t

As a Stereo Panneur user (two Lunes in one box), I have to vote for the Lune. I know it's got lots going on knob-wise, but once you start using it, you'll find that the extra knobs can provide quite a bit of nuance in the sound.

I bought my Panneur in kit form from 4ms, they have Lune kits as well. If you just need a board and want to provide the rest, Tonepad's board is very nice.
  • SUPPORTER
Dead End FX
http://www.deadendfx.com/

Asian Icemen rise again...
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=903467

"My ears don't distinguish good from great.  It's a blessing, really." EBK

thom

Quote from: duck_arse on September 18, 2013, 11:19:26 AM

thom, let us know how you go with that, it's one of our favourite debugs .......

That sounds a bit worrying, but I sure will  ;D

Lizard King

Tone pad's board doesn't have the symmetry mod (I don't think).  I had to add a resistor and move some pot pins around.  But I think I have a working board based on the tonepad one.  (They also have some incorrect component values.)

Question:  The input & ouput signals go through 1uF caps.  They're shown as electrolytic but 1uF box caps aren't that expensive.  Would replacing the electrolytics provide any improvement?

duck_arse

if you use box caps, you never need to worry if they are right way around, and they won't dry out over time, so that would make them more reliable on both counts. as for sonic improvements, that is a whole nother bunch of threads, but I'd say go box. I do at every oportunity.
granny at the G next satdy eh.