Millenium 2 working in opposites??

Started by nomorebetts, November 04, 2013, 11:16:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nomorebetts

I hit up the search but couldn't find an answer so am hoping someone can help me...

I have a millenium 2 bypass working nicely on breadboard. However... the LED is on when bypassed and off when effect on.
Does anyone have a simple answer to what's going on?  I haven't used these before so I have probably done something silly. 

I'm using a 2N7000, a 1N914 and 2N3904 for the low leakage.

Cheers
I like Big Muffs! and I cannot lie, you other brothers can't deny...

MaxPower

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters, compared to what lies within us - Emerson

nomorebetts

I have it wired up like this...  I'm about to go downstairs and look at it again to see what I've done.

nomorebetts

Well I must have messed something up as I breadboarded the millenium 1 using a J201 with the same switch configuration and it works as it should  ???

So I'll just use it instead  :)

R.G.

The Millennium 1 and Millennium 2 do work oppositely. It sounds to me like you may have confused the circuits.
R.G.

In response to the questions in the forum - PCB Layout for Musical Effects is available from The Book Patch. Search "PCB Layout" and it ought to appear.

jimilee

R.G.

The Millennium circuit is a sensitive detector of the difference between the wire not being connected to anything in the circuit, and being connected to ground by 1M or less.

The way it's usually set up is that the control wire is connected to the effect output when the effect is bypassed. The output is arranged to have a resistor of 1M or less to ground on it. Most effects have this automatically, in the form of a volume pot or a pull-down resistor.
R.G.

In response to the questions in the forum - PCB Layout for Musical Effects is available from The Book Patch. Search "PCB Layout" and it ought to appear.