Help me trouble shoot an octave pedal!

Started by Drewmeyer, November 07, 2013, 08:30:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drewmeyer

Alright, so I've got a Maestro Octave box which isn't working quite right, but I don't know where to start figuring out how to fix it. The pedal bypasses fine and the dry signal comes through fine when the pedal is on, but the octave note cuts out almost right after it plays. What's the first step in troubleshooting this pedal? No components appear to be bad, but I can provide pictures as necessary. Thanks!

armdnrdy

I just designed a new fuzz circuit! It almost sounds a little different than the last fifty fuzz circuits I designed! ;)

Quackzed

schem
http://hammer.ampage.org/files/Maestroworld.zip
check voltages.
some things to check out...
electro's go bad @ 10-20years... pots frequently go bad after sitting/corroding for long periods of time...
bad electros bulge or leak... bad pots may feel gritty/but not always... loose wires, bad solder joints, lifting/broken pcb traces...
nothing says forever like a solid block of liquid nails!!!

Drewmeyer

Quote from: Quackzed on November 07, 2013, 09:15:03 PM
schem
http://hammer.ampage.org/files/Maestroworld.zip
check voltages.
some things to check out...
electro's go bad @ 10-20years... pots frequently go bad after sitting/corroding for long periods of time...
bad electros bulge or leak... bad pots may feel gritty/but not always... loose wires, bad solder joints, lifting/broken pcb traces...

Where can I find the correct voltages to compare?

Quackzed

if you post 'em , it may become apparent where there are  'issues' or problem areas. with any luck, some of the more experienced here will offer some help and explanation.
also, if you can post any info you have available, what version you have,if you could dig up or make an image of the schem that you can post as a link(not zipped) etc... it will make it easier for people to look at and compare to your voltage readings etc...

nothing says forever like a solid block of liquid nails!!!