Wampler Ecstasy Problem/Debug Help

Started by rocket8810, January 12, 2014, 10:56:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rousejeremy

Mixing uF and nF on a layout is a recipe for disaster.

Consistency is a worthy adversary

www.jeremyrouse.weebly.com

rocket8810

Quote from: duck_arse on January 24, 2014, 09:23:11 AM
+1 on the 1nF. even tho I still haven't seen a circuit diagram, if that is the output cap, it would make a fair dent in the volume at 1nF.

the socket is mounted upside down according to its indent, but the ic is the correct facing way.

Sorry for such a long delay, I was looking for the schematic that was used to make the layout, and it was just taking me awhile to make sure it was the correct schematic. Next time if I have a problem I will make sure I have the schematic first and post it from the get-go.

I looked at that cap and you guys caught it, it was not 1uF. I must have grabbed the wrong one from my box both times building this pedal. I feel so stupid for not catching that, must have been because I was looking at it so long. This is why it's nice to have a forum like this to get other eyes taking a look. I can't thanks you guys enough. I've not gone through my supplies and reorganized everything to make sure its all in proper order.

BTW, I have a bad habit of putting the IC socket in upside down, not sure why, but It always happens. I always double and triple check to make sure it's installed correctly at least.

duck_arse

seeing as every pin on a socket is identical, they are not actually polarised, and right/wrong is meaningless just until you plug something into it.

so, did you get it going good?
"Bring on the nonsense".

jymaze

It is my schematic above, just so you know...

I hope it sounds good, I actually never built it!

rocket8810

Quote from: jymaze on January 27, 2014, 02:18:14 PM

Yea I got it working. I'm super picky about pedals, and have been looking for a good OD for guitar and bass, and someone I trust suggested this. Once I changed the cap, I got the correct output, tone control worked, and everything works right. Honestly, I think it should freaking fantastic. It goes from mild to wild. I think the only thing I plan on playing with still is the diodes. Maybe try some LED's, Ge, other Si diodes to just make it mine, but stock it's really, really nice.

I can't thank you guys for the help, and duck, I got to make sure I get the schematic earlier in case I got some issues.

rousejeremy

Hope you don't mind that I posted here. Was just trying to help troubleshoot the problem.

rocket8810

Quote from: rousejeremy on January 27, 2014, 10:08:34 PM

Hope you don't mind that I posted here. Was just trying to help troubleshoot the problem.

Why would I mind? I'm appreciative of the help, especially since you made the schematic. That was a huge help.

rousejeremy

It wasn't my schematic actually. I just found it through a google search and posted it. Sometimes people don't like when their stuff is shared without their permission.