Casm Reverb on vero?

Started by jobrien781, February 16, 2014, 09:01:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jobrien781

Hi guys, I was wondering if anyone out there has made a vero layout for the Casm Reverb yet. Mounted pots would be awesome if it is possible. I love the way it sounds, but never tried etching my own boards yet. Thanks!

pinkjimiphoton

you could build it on perf if ya follow dead astro's schematic. be hard, but doable....

i was thinking about doing a vero, but it would have been a pain in the ass and been larger than i'd like it to be...just the nature of the media.

• SUPPORTER
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
Slava Ukraini!
"try whacking the bejesus outta it and see if it works again"....
~Jack Darr

armdnrdy

Quote from: jobrien781 on February 16, 2014, 09:01:03 PM
never tried etching my own boards yet.

Maybe this is where you should start.

There are plenty of tutorials on the net, and I'm sure the forum members here would answer any questions that might arise.

Etching boards is really a piece of cake. If the transfer doesn't turn out right...wash the toner off and try it again until you get something that will etch well.

With a little practice....it turns out right the first time every time.  ;)
I just designed a new fuzz circuit! It almost sounds a little different than the last fifty fuzz circuits I designed! ;)

samhay

Hi guys, I was wondering if anyone out there has made a vero layout for the Casm Reverb yet.

Not that I'm aware of. How about you give it a try? I would be happy to look over it for you.

Mounted pots would be awesome if it is possible. I love the way it sounds, but never tried etching my own boards yet. Thanks!

It's possible, but it can be a bit awkward to design a vero layout to use mounted pots. As the Chasm reverb has 4 pots, I am not sure that this is the way to go...

I'm a refugee of the great dropbox purge of '17.
Project details (schematics, layouts, etc) are slowly being added here: http://samdump.wordpress.com

StephenGiles

Cut up a large paper clip for posts and solder pots to the posts - easy!
"I want my meat burned, like St Joan. Bring me pickles and vicious mustards to pierce the tongue like Cardigan's Lancers.".

pinkjimiphoton

Quote from: StephenGiles on February 17, 2014, 09:25:06 AM

genious!! right on... perfect! :icon_biggrin:
  • SUPPORTER
Slava Ukraini!
~Jack Darr

samhay

Quote from: StephenGiles on February 17, 2014, 09:25:06 AM

Is that to create something like this?

If so, while very clever, you still have to create a layout that you can solder this to...
I'm a refugee of the great dropbox purge of '17.
Project details (schematics, layouts, etc) are slowly being added here: http://samdump.wordpress.com

jobrien781

I think I might give etching a try.  What is the best way? I see a few methods out there. Low toxic would be best, if that is something that is possible.

pinkjimiphoton

i've been thinking of trying to do a vero layout for this... was gonna build it on perf until mike was too cool and burned me a board..

if i decide to try, i'll post it here for ya bro
  • SUPPORTER
Slava Ukraini!
~Jack Darr