Attaching pedals to a board. New way?

Started by stallik, June 04, 2014, 09:28:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wavley

That's a great idea.

I used to have a lexan board I made that was in a frame so all the power cables ran through holes and there was a ball of christmas lights shoved in there.  I used velcro on it to attach everything and it just didn't look as clean and nice as yours.  I ended up ditching it in favor of a board in a roadcase with wheels.
New and exciting innovations in current technology!

Bone is in the fingers.

EccoHollow Art & Sound

eccohollow.bandcamp.com

deadastronaut

Quote from: stallik on June 05, 2014, 09:47:50 AM
Popped to on a breadboard, ran out of LEDs. Tried it with 3 & 2. It sort of worked bit with a long decay time. Interestingly, it worked quite well when I just tapped the insulated earth wire. Will visit Maplin at the weekend.....

cool, nice one,  i'll have to try it out....when i get bread space... ::)
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

rocket8810

@Kevin - i'm not sure. i think they're the same as the Eddystone ones, i'll have to check with my gauge.....i just have to find it now.  :icon_eek:

mth5044

Your Plexiglas board has been pressing on my mind grapes. I need to find some Plexiglas. Seems 4'x2' can be found at lowes for $25, they can cut it as well. Is 0.08" too thin? Is there a certain bit/dremel attachment needed to cut and drill?

pappasmurfsharem

Quote from: mth5044 on June 06, 2014, 01:47:47 PM
Your Plexiglas board has been pressing on my mind grapes. I need to find some Plexiglas. Seems 4'x2' can be found at lowes for $25, they can cut it as well. Is 0.08" too thin? Is there a certain bit/dremel attachment needed to cut and drill?

That's 2/25th of an inch. Really small 2.03mm small.

You could layer 9 of them together and get almost 3/4inch That might be enough
"I want to build a delay, but I don't have the time."

stallik

The stuff I got hold of is 10mm thick Altuglas Acrylic. It looks clear but the edges show as green to make it look like glass. The off cut was a single piece which I sawed in two using a standard wood saw as that was all I had available. It cut ok but I had to go quite slowly as a warm blade tended to stick a bit. The rough cut was then sanded back and polished.
I ended up roughing the edges a little to improve the edge illumination. My previous, smaller sheet was clear on the edge and looked much better when illuminated by LEDs.

I regularly check the cut off bin to see if anything new turns up but usually the pieces are too narrow.
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Albert Einstein

PRR

Another way to cut plastic sheet: there is a $2 tool with a hooked blade. You lay a straightedge on the sheet, then pull the blade over it several times to cut a groove. Then you can snap the sheet. Maybe where you grooved it. There's a knack.
  • SUPPORTER

duck_arse

a fewer-toothed bladed hacksaw, I think 12tpi? 24tpi? when you saw, PUSH. you doun't want to zzzt-shh -zzt-shh -zzt-shh, you want schoo -oob .... schoo -oob .... schoo -oob, down stroke and up stroke, so the blade shifts through the material without getting stuck in the heated parts. otherwise, a coarse saw-set blade in your what-you-call-sabre-we-call-jig saw.
granny at the G next satdy eh.

duck_arse

^ when I say "coarse saw-set blade", I of course mean a "coarse knife-set blade".

and 12tpi is probably 18tpi.

carry on.
granny at the G next satdy eh.

aron

What thickness is appropriate for a plexiglass pedalboard? The Lexan board is so expensive here.

stallik

The pictured board is 10mm thick but my previous one was about 6. I put the sheet on posts at each corner then decide how many to put along the length based on how much the acrylic flexed under foot. Really, this one could have managed without the center posts so it's a little over engineered.
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Albert Einstein

aron

Thanks Kevin, it looks great. Very cool.

wavley

My wife buys large sheets of plexi all the time for art at the local commercial sign shop, she has in every town we've lived in.  It's much cheaper than Lowe's and they will cut it for you.
New and exciting innovations in current technology!

Bone is in the fingers.

EccoHollow Art & Sound

eccohollow.bandcamp.com