IC or Transistor buffer?

Started by nero1985, May 05, 2015, 11:52:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shredgd

The FET buffer was the one displayed in Jack Orman's "basic buffers" page (1M input Z), the BJT (which is what I use and like) is the tubescreamer input buffer.
Ok, I'll experiment lowering the Microamp input impedance down to 510k and let you know what I hear.
Protect your hearing.
Always use earplugs whenever you are in noisy/loud situations.

My videos on YouTube: www.youtube.com/shredgd5
My band's live videos on YouTube: www.youtube.com/swinglekings

samhay

Quote from: shredgd on November 25, 2015, 05:05:32 PM
PS: I also recently discovered a famous boutique pedals builder uses a BJT in his buffer pedal...

If you are referring to the 'Cornish' buffer, which uses a BJT, then this is muddied by the fact that the base resistor is bootstrapped to give the circuit a higher input impedance than it otherwise would have.
I'm a refugee of the great dropbox purge of '17.
Project details (schematics, layouts, etc) are slowly being added here: http://samdump.wordpress.com

aron

Although I have built a number of "buffers/boosters", I still like my old DOD BI-FET preamp.

shredgd

Quote from: samhay on November 26, 2015, 05:21:49 PM
Quote from: shredgd on November 25, 2015, 05:05:32 PM
PS: I also recently discovered a famous boutique pedals builder uses a BJT in his buffer pedal...

If you are referring to the 'Cornish' buffer, which uses a BJT, then this is muddied by the fact that the base resistor is bootstrapped to give the circuit a higher input impedance than it otherwise would have.

No, I was referring to Analogman
Protect your hearing.
Always use earplugs whenever you are in noisy/loud situations.

My videos on YouTube: www.youtube.com/shredgd5
My band's live videos on YouTube: www.youtube.com/swinglekings