deep blue delay only one repeat

Started by george79, July 14, 2015, 05:48:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

george79

Hello,
just finished one deep blue delay.The pedal works good but there is a small problem.I can get only one repeat!!!i have checked solderings,pot,voltages at IC's and all are fine.I was build it in a tagboard using this http://tagboardeffects.blogspot.gr/2012/02/mad-professor-deep-blue-delay.html

any help please?im going to hit my head to the wall

Thanks
George

bluebunny

I guess it's gonna be somewhere around that repeats pot and the nearby components, which is feeding the delayed signal back to the input.  Got a picture of your board (top and bottom)?  And which of the three payouts on IvIark's page are you using?
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

george79

hello,thanks for the reply,im usin the first with the volume control.i will post pictures.

george79

i have checked again and again for short circuits,chane the pot and nothin happens.only one repeat.all the other pedal works,voltages at IC's are correct.

bluebunny

Hmmm...  Nothing obvious that I can see.  I think it may time to try an audio probe to trace that delayed signal feeding back to the input.
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

Elijah-Baley

When I built the Little Angel (pretty similar circuit) I got no effects. I got the effect when I passed a knife between the traces, there were some invisible contacts. Do you have tried it?
«There is something even higher than the justice which you have been filled with. There is a human impulse known as mercy, a human act known as forgiveness.»
Elijah Baley in Isaac Asimov's The Cave Of Steel

Mike Burgundy

Tracing is probably easiest. From the mix (or delay level) pot you should be able to trace back and follow the delayed signal. From the delay pot go to the 2k resistor, other side, repeat pot wiper, repeat pot top (other side is grounded), 22n both sides, 5k resistor both sides. You have now reached the PT2399's input, so I'd expect the signal to disappear before that.

george79

That was a real help.THANK YOU!!!!!Problem solved.5K1 resistor cold solder.
Thanks again

Mike Burgundy