"Undead Fuzz" Big Muff turret board build.

Started by RRJackson, November 14, 2015, 08:14:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RRJackson

I wanted to do a turret board Big Muff. For some reason The Undeads from, 'Phantom of the Paradise' kept popping into my head, so I went with a Death Records motif for my, "Undead Fuzz" enclosure. I'm kinda happy with how it turned out. Now if the circuit just fires up. :)

-Rob

duck_arse

geeze, that lettering nearly took my eye out. no led indicator? v. nice so far.
Katy who? what footie?

RRJackson

Quote from: duck_arse on November 15, 2015, 10:03:13 AM
geeze, that lettering nearly took my eye out. no led indicator? v. nice so far.

Thank you!

That's the same font they used in the movie. Had to search around a bit to find it, actually.

I was torn about the LED thing. I was trying to build a sort of a reimagined turret-board take on a 70's triangle Big Muff and it didn't seem apropos. I probably should have done it, anyway. May still. Heh...

Here's what the board looks like, BTW.

wordtobigbird

The board looks awesome! Really dig anything using larger resistors and caps.

Did you put the posts in yourself? If so, whats their official name that youd find them under on the 'bay? Look forward to seeing that boxed!

RRJackson

Quote from: wordtobigbird on November 27, 2015, 04:11:53 PM
The board looks awesome! Really dig anything using larger resistors and caps.

Did you put the posts in yourself? If so, whats their official name that youd find them under on the 'bay? Look forward to seeing that boxed!

I get them from a guy who runs an auction titled, "Turrets - for 3mm boards" and they work with the staking tool I got from turretboards.com years ago.

-Rob

wordtobigbird

Oh cool, thanks for that man much appreciated!