Triple Wreck Volume Issue

Started by nickbungus, November 21, 2015, 03:45:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PRR

> if the vol on my guitar is half way the effect does not change. and when i switch to bypass the clean is now lower that the effect.

Your input circuit is loading the guitar.

If built to plan, it shouldn't.

R1 is just anti-pop and 1Meg is a fine value.

R2 also loads the guitar, 470K is fine, 1Meg would also be fine.

Check both R1 and R2.
  • SUPPORTER

maiko

Well i tried lifting R 1    == 1 meg and it seems the output is now useable.   i also change the vol pot to 50k instead of the 100k   but still the vol on the guitar has to be at around 8 for it to achieve unity (effect on or bypassed)    What if i lessen the value of R2?

antonis

Quote from: maiko on September 13, 2016, 01:27:13 AM
Well i tried lifting R 1    == 1 meg and it seems the output is now useable.
Then your guitar has a VERY HIGH output impenance or your R1 value isn't 1M... :icon_wink:

i also change the vol pot to 50k instead of the 100k   but still the vol on the guitar has to be at around 8 for it to achieve unity
You should change the vol pot with another of bigger vaule because now you've lowered the value of pot's low resistor in it's voltage divider role (R23 + pot setting)
There is a low pass filter before Volume pot (R23 + C25) and (ignoring for the moment C25) we have R23 added in series with pot's upper resistance..
For any given value of R23, lowering pot's total resistance leads to "loose" more signal in any pot setting other than full close..
Maybe you should try lowering R23 value (and raise C25 value by the same percentage..)
(it should work mostly with C25 disconected..)

What if i lessen the value of R2?
You'll have more signal loss..
You can raise it's value up to 1M although you'll not get any significant "profit"...
"I'm getting older while being taught all the time" Solon the Athenian..
"I don't mind  being taught all the time but I do mind a lot getting old" Antonis the Thessalonian..

nickbungus

Just out of interest, did you use the same layout as me or another?
To the extreme, I rock a mic like a vandal.
Light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.

Ben Lyman

can you post pictures of the top and bottom of your board?
"I like distortion and I like delay. There... I said it!"
                                                                          -S. Vai

maiko

Quote from: nickbungus on September 13, 2016, 08:02:32 AM
Just out of interest, did you use the same layout as me or another?

Yes its the one on page 1