Opened my AD/A Flanger pedal. what is this?

Started by Nyklus, November 28, 2015, 04:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nyklus

Opened my AD/A Flanger pedal to fix a pot that broke off with the knob.
I looked at the plug input on the circuit board and there are pins sticking out. is this for an additional plug? whats it for?

Govmnt_Lacky

Better pic of the trace side of the PCB in the area with the transformer and pins in question would help.
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

armdnrdy

Since the transformer has dual inputs, (120/220VAC) I would imagine that the pins can be jumpered, and a Euro mains cord end can be installed for use outside of the U.S.
I just designed a new fuzz circuit! It almost sounds a little different than the last fifty fuzz circuits I designed! ;)

Mark Hammer

Test points?

BTW, I saw on the effectsdatabase that there is now a "pedal-board friendly" A/DA flanger that comes in what looks like a 125-C package or similar.

armdnrdy

Quote from: Mark Hammer on November 28, 2015, 07:08:27 PM
Test points?

BTW, I saw on the effectsdatabase that there is now a "pedal-board friendly" A/DA flanger that comes in what looks like a 125-C package or similar.

Took a look at this one...
Very nice!
One of the "selling features" of the 90s reissue was "all through hole parts."
I don't think A/DA will be using that tagline for the new "PBF Flanger."
I just designed a new fuzz circuit! It almost sounds a little different than the last fifty fuzz circuits I designed! ;)

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: armdnrdy on November 28, 2015, 06:48:46 PM
Since the transformer has dual inputs, (120/220VAC) I would imagine that the pins can be jumpered, and a Euro mains cord end can be installed for use outside of the U.S.

Sounds good to me!  ;D
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

armdnrdy

Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on November 28, 2015, 08:04:54 PM
Quote from: armdnrdy on November 28, 2015, 06:48:46 PM

Sounds good to me!  ;D

Sounded good to me too until I reviewed series and parallel transformer connections.
It would make more sense if there were four pins....with two being jumpered for 120 volt operation.

As Mark stated...they're probably incoming AC power test points...or...maybe the lighting in the A/DA assembly area is really bad. These pins are to power a work light!  :icon_lol:

PRR

> until I reviewed series and parallel transformer connections. It would make more sense if there were four pins....with two being jumpered for 120 volt operation.

For a VERY small load (much less than the transformer capacity), it is practical to wire the two windings series, feed both for 230V, just one for 120V. That's a SPDT job, 3 pins. PT capacity is reduced, and this is only a 1VA PT. However if the gizmo only eats 1/3 Watt, that may be fine.

• SUPPORTER