Univibe clone research question?

Started by Filip_Mikuz, January 11, 2016, 10:45:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Filip_Mikuz

so hello again.

im look into doing my 3rd effect and im doing research on the parts. So the goal im trying to achieve is to get the gilmour sound. ive been looking at some schematics and im trying to find 3 things:
equivalents for the transistors,
values for the LDRs and
values for the diodes.
obviously time passes and components get better, but for the price of their names or values.

and if anybody knows where in europe i can order a wah footpedal enclosure 

garcho

what are you planning on using for a power supply?
  • SUPPORTER
"...and weird on top!"

Filip_Mikuz

i would probably use an outside PS and i would have it regulated to 24v

garcho

^ that's good, because you probably shouldn't wire a mains PS on your third build...

http://alltransistors.com/
  • SUPPORTER
"...and weird on top!"

garcho

• SUPPORTER
"...and weird on top!"

Nocaster Cat

The three vintage Univibes I've owned had 2SC1815 transistors in them.

strassercaster

i used the ldrs from small bear the ones he has for 3.75 a piece are the best. i started with the 7532 i think and tried his hermetically sealed hi/lo. these made a great improvement . i have made several of these . the first 2 i made were with the madbean harbinger one pcb. the last one i made was the same on stripboard.on all three i used 2n5088 transistors. i dont think the transistors matter all that much personally. Just make sure the HFE is 300-500 and it will be fine. The Geofex article is a masterpiece and has lots of great insights and mods to this classic circuit. for me the game changer was the small bear LDRs . they gave it more depth and that chewy vibe feel.Have fun with it. If i were you i would get the general guitar gadgets board so you can mount it in a crybaby shell like the fulltone deja vibes.