Tonepad CE-2 debug help

Started by nickthenab1, January 25, 2016, 07:10:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nickthenab1

Hi all. I'm new here to the forum and new to effects building. I have built 2 blues breakers and they both fired right up so I decided to go for a challenge and try the CE-2 from Tonepad. I had some issues with pads lifting and what not but I got around that and after I got everything finished I got it to work with the foot switch and the one mod I knew how to do which was the vibrato one. The others I couldn't get figured out and would love some advice on how to get those working if possible?

My main reason I am posting and all the back story is after I was arranging my pedal for the enclosure a few wires snapped and I had to re solder them. The wires for my vibrato switch and my input and ground wire. after that now my pedal does not work! I have looked for solder bridges and none are there. I checked all continuity and to make sure none of the wires I re soldered was wrong and that doesn't appear to be the case.

Everything is working when I push the switch in it connects to the input and output of the pedal when I check the continuity on the foot switch. Sound goes out when I have the foot switch off but sound will not work when I engage the foot switch. Any ideas? I checked my IC voltages as well and that all looks good except the other day ic1's power shifted from 8 to 7ish. I know it is controlled by the bias wheel but I have it all the way up. I tried replacing the chip with a spare burr brown I had and the voltage read out was the same. Would this be an issue?

I hope someone can help! Sorry for the long post I have exhausted all my resources and could really use a hand.

Thanks again,

Nick

nickbungus

I would go for the audio probe route and using the schematic, follow the audio signal through your circuit.  Its always helps me find the errors and if you give plenty of details of your findings, some of the very kind chaps here will help.

Oh and please read the following:
http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=29816.0

Don't worry, I got my bum spanked for not reading that on my first post but you'll find that everyone here will really help you.
To the extreme, I rock a mic like a vandal.
Light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.