marshall guv'nor gv-2 original

Started by Paulo Shure, February 16, 2016, 09:53:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paulo Shure

GREETINGS: I have a marshall gv-2 original Guv'nor and would like to add more gain believe it would be changing the c10 2.2k and capacitor c9 but I am in doubt whether it's right someone could help me in this problem?

antonis

If you need more "Volume" just raise the clipping threshold (by additional series diodes)

If you need more "Distortion" you can raise pot's value

You can of cource lower R1 but you'll have to raise C1 by the same ratio, which is also true for R2 & C3..
"I'm getting older while being taught all the time" Solon the Athenian..
"I don't mind  being taught all the time but I do mind a lot getting old" Antonis the Thessalonian..

Paulo Shure

I tried a few modifications that found in some forums but all are handmade to pedal and not to the original would have any suggestions mod so that in 50% gain remains for high gain? or put a key to switch between low average and high ??? ps: I'm using google translator because my English and very weak'm from Brazil.

antonis

O.K. Paulo..

If you want more gain just add a booster (seperate box) to the output.. :icon_wink:
"I'm getting older while being taught all the time" Solon the Athenian..
"I don't mind  being taught all the time but I do mind a lot getting old" Antonis the Thessalonian..

Paulo Shure

the main idea and use only one pedal as unity gain if you are using only one and better. For testing and small presentations using just a pedal.Por that the idea of leaving masi versatile in order to use since overdrive until a strong distortion.

strassercaster

i have a guv,bluesbreaker and a shredmaster. i modded the shredmaster for more highs. i love the shredmaster it can be a guvnor when set mild and a bad to the bone modded marshal when pished.