That moment you have found it.

Started by bloxstompboxes, December 17, 2016, 06:03:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bloxstompboxes

I knew I had this laying somewhere around the house and never could find it. A folded up length of 22-4, what I used to call burg wire. Short for burglar/alarm wire. Got this when I used to do home theater, alarm, and security installations. Each wire is stranded and insulated. Probably around 100ft or so of it there. Found it in a box out in the open in my shop where I do all my milling for pedals and wood projects. Many pedals will be born from this. I Love moments like this and just had to share.

Floor-mat at the front entrance to my former place of employment. Oh... the irony.

GibsonGM

Good stuff!  I sometimes use phone wire - your stuff there is better.
  • SUPPORTER
MXR Dist +, TS9/808, Easyvibe, Big Muff Pi, Blues Breaker, Guv'nor.  MOSFace, MOS Boost,  BJT boosts - LPB-2, buffers, Phuncgnosis, FF, Orange Sunshine & others, Bazz Fuss, Tonemender, Little Gem, Orange Squeezer, Ruby Tuby, filters, octaves, trems...

bloxstompboxes

Only complaint I have so far is the insulation is pretty thin. Not sure how well it will hold up to heat when soldering. We shall see.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Floor-mat at the front entrance to my former place of employment. Oh... the irony.

GiovannyS10

This cables are very nice for build pedals with. Sometimes i use wires like this when i can find here on a foreign thrash. Phone cables i already used, Mike but i have problems with it because it broken easy  :icon_confused: You need technique and patient to use it.
That's all, Folks!

"Are you on drugs?"
-ARSE, Duck.

www.instagram.com/allecto

duck_arse

I, too, have lengths of 4 core alarm cable, from working for alarm installers. only, the wire strands in mine are much thicker and fewer than 'normal' hook-up, and the insulation is thinner, scared of heat, so largely unusable.

I think it has something to do with how clumsy/simple alarm install techs are/were.

but found, and found things go top of the pile. nice socks, by the way, funny how socks/shoes appear so often in people's pics hereabouts.
Katy who? what footie?

bloxstompboxes

Quote from: duck_arse on December 18, 2016, 10:11:07 AM
I, too, have lengths of 4 core alarm cable, from working for alarm installers. only, the wire strands in mine are much thicker and fewer than 'normal' hook-up, and the insulation is thinner, scared of heat, so largely unusable.

I think it has something to do with how clumsy/simple alarm install techs are/were.

but found, and found things go top of the pile. nice socks, by the way, funny how socks/shoes appear so often in people's pics hereabouts.

Yeah, the strands are pretty thick on this too. I'll have to give it a go and see how well it works.

As for the socks, I am just realizing now that it appears they didn't match, lol.  :-[ That's what happens when my wife folds my clothes. Funny, we went out yesterday too but, of course, the shoes hid the differences.

davent

That moment you found it... is usually shortly after you've given up searching and ordered a replacement for it.

dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg

cab42

Quote from: davent on December 18, 2016, 11:56:51 AM
That moment you found it... is usually shortly after you've given up searching and ordered a replacement for it.

dave

This was my clue...

Quite some years ago I bought a set of hex Keys for almost nothing in a supermarket on a vacation abroad. It's great quality and I have used it lot. So I was pretty irritated when the 6 mm key disapeared,the one I use most. But then I found exactly the same set a week ago in my local supermarket. Happily I returned home with my catch, but not even an hour after I came home I found the missing key! The one that had been missing for months, and not been found in several searches.

I didn't return the new set. I guess the Best insurance against something going missing  is having a spare.
  • SUPPORTER
"Rick, your work is almost disgusting, it's so beautiful.  Meaning: it's so darned pretty that when I look at my own stuff, it makes me want to puke my guts out."
Ripthorn

thermionix

Quote from: duck_arse on December 18, 2016, 10:11:07 AM
nice socks, by the way

Dammit, beat!  I saw the pic and was scrolling down, thinking "I hope Duck's not been here yet..."

amptramp

I was expecting this to be one of those "Once you see it, you can't unsee it" threads:

or this:

bloxstompboxes

Quote from: amptramp on December 18, 2016, 07:35:34 PM
I was expecting this to be one of those "Once you see it, you can't unsee it" threads:

or this:

Took me a minute but I finally saw the baby. Thought it was that they each had one leg but the tree looked weird, lol.

Electron Tornado

• SUPPORTER
"Corn meal, gun powder, ham hocks, and guitar strings"

Who is John Galt?

duck_arse

Quote from: bloxstompboxes on December 18, 2016, 10:59:33 AM
Funny, we went out yesterday too but, of course, the shoes hid the differences.

cause they didn't match, either?

back on topic, I'm lost for seeing any baby. [edit :] as you were, I see it now.

also, here's one just for thermionix:

Katy who? what footie?

Electron Tornado

You never know. You just neeeeeever know...........just sayin'....

"This is a song about Alice...."
  • SUPPORTER
"Corn meal, gun powder, ham hocks, and guitar strings"

Who is John Galt?