Notes From NAMM/New Stuff

Started by smallbearelec, January 31, 2017, 05:03:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smallbearelec

The show was as busy as I have ever seen it. I got to catch up with vendors and customers who have become friends, also meet and put faces to a number of people whom I knew only through e-mail.

L to R:

Dr. Hyun Park/Belton-Accutronics, Me, Brian Neunaber

L to R:

Robert Keeley, Jacob Adams/Mammoth, David Young/All-Pedal

Now that I am back in the shop, I have been updating the Stock List. As production of chips moves more to surface mount, I figure that SOIC-To-DIP adapters will be wanted. Those are now in stock in 8-, 14- and 16-pin. Please drop a message to the smallbearelec address with suggestions for what else in this line would likely be popular.

There was a thread awhile back about ways to easily store and dispense wire. I got the corrugated boxes for this and will post shortly.

Mark Hammer

Nice pics, Steve.

Are the SOIC-to-DIP adaptors pre-tinned?  I would imagine they'd be more tempting for the timid if it was a simple matter of sweating the flat chip into place.

smallbearelec

Quote from: Mark Hammer on January 31, 2017, 07:15:43 PM
Nice pics, Steve.

TNX. Aimish Wallace of Diamond Pedals sent his regards, enjoyed meeting you.

Quote from: Mark Hammer on January 31, 2017, 07:15:43 PM
Are the SOIC-to-DIP adaptors pre-tinned?

I don't know, and I am going to find out by learning myself how to use these puppies. I'll start by buying a bunch of LM3046 that I know are wanted (especially in the synth world) and only available in SMD now. Will advise.