SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Transistors Guide

Started by Plexi, March 09, 2017, 07:04:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Plexi

Hi there!
I would like to share this guide that I found time ago:

Very useful and practical for pins orientation, polarity and hfe.

But, there's a lot of transistors that isn't in the list.
Anyone have/found a more complete one?
To you, buffered bypass sucks tone.
To me, it sucks my balls.

GibsonGM

That's a pretty good one. There are a few out there, can't recommend one that's better; what I do if I'm going to work with an 'unknown' one is just go get the data sheet before I start my project.

I have a big collection of data sheets, LOL.  I save each one, have folders for BJT, FET/MOSFET, OPAMPS, Regulators, diodes...it was more important back in the dial-up days, when you might not be able to get on AOL and needed the info, ha ha!  :)
  • SUPPORTER
MXR Dist +, TS9/808, Easyvibe, Big Muff Pi, Blues Breaker, Guv'nor.  MOSFace, MOS Boost,  BJT boosts - LPB-2, buffers, Phuncgnosis, FF, Orange Sunshine & others, Bazz Fuss, Tonemender, Little Gem, Orange Squeezer, Ruby Tuby, filters, octaves, trems...

Plexi

Quote from: GibsonGM on March 09, 2017, 07:55:50 PM
That's a pretty good one. There are a few out there, can't recommend one that's better; what I do if I'm going to work with an 'unknown' one is just go get the data sheet before I start my project.

I have a big collection of data sheets, LOL.  I save each one, have folders for BJT, FET/MOSFET, OPAMPS, Regulators, diodes...it was more important back in the dial-up days, when you might not be able to get on AOL and needed the info, ha ha!  :)

Uff... the "Genesis" of the internet...what a black memories...
To you, buffered bypass sucks tone.
To me, it sucks my balls.

reddesert

This chart was on/from the Beavis Audio webpage. It's down now but you can get it from the Internet Archive: http://web.archive.org/web/20140209025412/http://www.beavisaudio.com/techpages/Transistor-Pinouts/index.htm

duck_arse

your list - missing is BS170 and BS250, BF245a/b/c, BC557/8/9, K30A (or 2SK30A). also the pesky BC639 and 640, BD140. and, if a BC transistor has an "L" suffix, like BC182L, the pinout changes. much of this list can be found in pedal work.

the BF244 and 2N3819 sometimes pop-up, and have a trick pin.
granny at the G next satdy.

GibsonGM

Plexi - all that is missing is the "click click....click...<dial tone>"    ha ha!

I just cranked that up and told my wife I got back on AOL - she came running upstairs to see   :)   
  • SUPPORTER
MXR Dist +, TS9/808, Easyvibe, Big Muff Pi, Blues Breaker, Guv'nor.  MOSFace, MOS Boost,  BJT boosts - LPB-2, buffers, Phuncgnosis, FF, Orange Sunshine & others, Bazz Fuss, Tonemender, Little Gem, Orange Squeezer, Ruby Tuby, filters, octaves, trems...