Friedman BE-100 JFET emu

Started by caspercody, June 13, 2017, 03:57:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

caspercody

I took the Friedman BE-100 amp schematic and cleaned it up so it is just the pre-amp stage. You would just need to replace the tubes with a JFET, and adjust the drain voltage with trim pot's. I am sure there will be other things to do, but wanted to get something to start with.

Thanks
Rob

caspercody

GGBB

Could you rotate the image and upload it again?
  • SUPPORTER

J0K3RX

You may want to start by lowering R34 and R43 to around 1k each or remove them all together...

You should probably drop R31 to anywhere between 10k - 33k or get rid of it completely and add a jumper or your tone stack may not live up to your expectations...

Doesn't matter what you did to get it... If it sounds good, then it is good!

caspercody

Here it is, rotated.

Thanks
Rob

duck_arse

I can't read the numbers, but the switch before the third triode/fet - it would be better to hard-wire a higher value resistor to ground for gate bias, and then switch a lower value across in parallel. possibly the same goes for the switched resistors in series before that gate switcher, too.
Katy who? what footie?

MetalGuy

You'll need to do some more tweaking to the preamp circuit in order to emulate the influence of the power amp and the fixed resonance circuit. Otherwise it will be just another distortion pedal and nothing close to BE100.