News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Jhs bun runner

Started by PMowdes, August 02, 2018, 08:34:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PMowdes

Hey
Does any one have any info on the jhs bun runner??
So far I got it down as a  Devi Ever Hyperion  and the Basic Audio Scarab Deluxe in a box with a bipolar supply (the scarab running negative Gnd) with relay switching and an order toggle switch.  There is an additional swith hon the hyperion which I don't understand.
Thoughts???
www.deadendfx.com
www.instagram.com/deadendfx

PMowdes

www.deadendfx.com

nocentelli

Hyperion appears to be closely related to escobedo's tripple fuzz. Maybe the switch removes the upside down pnp transistor and with it any octave overtones.

Quote from: kayceesqueeze on the back and never open it up again

PMowdes

Quote from: nocentelli on August 02, 2018, 06:45:09 PM
Hyperion appears to be closely related to escobedo's tripple fuzz. Maybe the switch removes the upside down pnp transistor and with it any octave overtones.

Thanks, that helps.  I found a better picture online, i'm beginning to get a better idea of what's happening. 

www.deadendfx.com

PMowdes

Can anyone help me figure out what's going on here with the DPDT switch?  The blurb says it's a gate switch, but i'm not sure how it was implemented on the bun runner.

The original schematic is here for the hyperion fuzz.

I've been staring at this for an hour and i can't get my head around how to work the DPDT switch into the schematic.

Cheers

Phil
www.deadendfx.com

Josh?

I'm fairly new to this, so don't trust me all the way, but could the switch be switching between two transistors, or changing the order of the two transistors around R4?  It looks like they have one pin connected on the board, and I've thought about doing something similar to switch between transistors in a boost, but I have no idea if it actually works yet.

Hope that helped, sorry if it didn't.

Marcos - Munky

Quote from: Josh? on August 13, 2018, 02:41:19 PM
way, but could the switch be switching between two transistors
Looks exactly like this.

Quote from: Josh? on August 13, 2018, 02:41:19 PM
It looks like they have one pin connected on the board, and I've thought about doing something similar to switch between transistors in a boost, but I have no idea if it actually works yet.
Yeah, it work. Connect both bases to the circuit and use a DPDT. One pole switch between the collector of the transistors, while the other pole switch between the emitter. I did this to a Devi Ever Soda Meiser/Vintage Fuzz Master clone (which are the same circuit but for a transistor) I made for a friend. But before you do it on the booster, be sure there's enough differences between two transistors to be worth add this switch.

PMowdes

www.deadendfx.com

Josh?

Quote from: PMowdes on August 16, 2018, 05:30:17 PM

Something like this??

That's what I was thinking, but I have no way of knowing for sure.

Marcos - Munky

I don't have the schematic I used anymore, since it was an one time only build I deleted all the files. But yeah, it something like this.