dedicated to Lucifer's Trip.... the pentagram fuzz

Started by pinkjimiphoton, March 12, 2019, 01:51:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pinkjimiphoton

kinda a cross between a fuzzface and a weetie pi for all intents. a 5 knobber that can do a lot of different distortion tones and cleans up nice from the guitar. loud n proud, too.
will post a vero when i work one up. this has been built and working on the breadboard. yes, q4 IS reverse beta intentionally. yes, it DOES work. go to AMZ and read about it.

anyways.... here's the schematic as it stands right now

despite the name, its safe for anybody ;) pentagram, pentacle, pentagon, whatever floats yer boat. there's 5 knobs and its a fuzztone, soooooo
  • SUPPORTER
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
Slava Ukraini!
"try whacking the bejesus outta it and see if it works again"....
~Jack Darr

EBK

Quote from: pinkjimiphoton on March 12, 2019, 01:51:24 PM
despite the name, its safe for anybody ;) pentagram, pentacle, pentagon, whatever floats yer boat. there's 5 knobs and its a fuzztone, soooooo
Could call it the 5-knuckle fuzz shuffle?   
:icon_eek:
Wait, that's worse!  :icon_redface:
  • SUPPORTER
Technical difficulties.  Please stand by.

pinkjimiphoton

lol... but then i can't use this nifty graphic

here's a vero i just worked up, beware i have not checked it thoroughly for mistakes

gotta do a little graphic editing on it too, but gotta gig so no time right now. later! ;)
  • SUPPORTER
Slava Ukraini!
~Jack Darr

dano12

This is very interesting looking!

What does the 4739 diode do?

Keep on rawkin!

pinkjimiphoton

hey dano! long time man! great to see ya posting!
the 4739 is kinda like a diode clipper, but only affecting one half of the wave. i tried it originally with two diodes in a standard hard clipper,  and also tried it like hemmo's bazz fuss but i thought it sounded better with just the one.. it clips it but its still fairly soft.
for all intents the front end is a slightly tamed fuzzface feeding what guitarpcb.com calls a photon phuzz and then a final weird stage that uses a reverse beta 5089. i thought i came up with it, but jack orman beat me to it by about 20 years ;)

i gotta check over the vero and edit it some still, to make sure its all right, but i think i got it. took some head scratching cuz i took a break after laying it out and before labeling stuff so i was like.... oh, shit.... whaadidido? ;)

hopefully get some really poor quality/low brow/poor tasting video soon. got work i gotta get done first tho.

if ya mess with it, let me know what ya think! you could also add a footswitch between the 500k drive pot and the 33k/4.7n network, or two and switch the order, but personally i don't think it sounds as good with the fuzz second. but what do i know?

peace out!
  • SUPPORTER
Slava Ukraini!
~Jack Darr

pinkjimiphoton

here's a <i believe> corrected vero layout. i've been over it a bunch of times and think its right, always welcome a second set of eyeballs. tried to keep it so it would fit in a 1590b
;)

• SUPPORTER
Slava Ukraini!
~Jack Darr