Someone help with a strat question pls.

Started by brokenstarguitar, March 16, 2019, 01:55:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brokenstarguitar

I know its not stomp related but i figured we were all family and this shouldnt hurt. But if its not allowed please remove.

Now, ihave a few questions. Now im taking a strat copy (MAHAR). Now i havent decided on the Gilmour Mod or the Dan Armstrong mod and it got me thinking about a few other things. Now has any one ever seen a 5 way like this? And if so, where can i find the datasheet?

Also, the last pic is of the pickguard layed back together. Does this look right? Sorry but this is my first single coil so i cant tell what pup is which. Thanks guys!

italianguy63

Look at Seymour Duncan's webpage.. it has a great guitar wiring section.

Pretty much you input what PUPS, what switch, and what controls, and it gives you all the options.  And, nice diagrams.

MC
I used to really be with it!  That is, until they changed what "it" is.  Now, I can't find it.  And, I'm scared!  --  Homer Simpson's dad

Chuck D. Bones

You can buzz out your 5-way switch with a multimeter or infer it's internal connections from a stock strat wiring diagram.  You will not be able to perform the Dan Armstrong Blend Mod with that particular switch because two of the terminals are connected together internally.  You will need a switch with 8 terminals for the Armstrong mod.  I put that mod on my Strat & I love it!  Use a linear taper pot for the Blend control.

- Chuck