retrofitting a buffer/splitter for use with a fuzz

Started by mordechai, May 27, 2019, 10:17:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mordechai

I took a look at the AMZ buffer/splitter, and am going to give it a shot...here's the schematic:

I want to have one of the outs feed a fuzz face, and if I understand properly, fuzz faces do not like being after buffers.  Is there something I can do to one of the JFET outs that will enable the fuzz to play nice with this circuit?  Would adding series resistance (like, 10K-100K) between the JFET out and the input to the fuzz do the trick? 

duck_arse

people say the AMZ pickup simulator circuit does good work.
Katy who? what footie?

blackieNYC

• SUPPORTER
http://29hourmusicpeople.bandcamp.com/
Tapflo filter, Gator, Magnus Modulus +,Meathead, 4049er,Great Destroyer,Scrambler+, para EQ, Azabache, two-loop mix/blend, Slow Gear, Phase Royal, Escobedo PWM, Uglyface, Jawari,Corruptor,Tri-Vibe,Battery Warmers

antonis

other people say that placing a buffer in front of a Fuzz is sacrilege..
"I'm getting older while being taught all the time" Solon the Athenian..
"I don't mind  being taught all the time but I do mind a lot getting old" Antonis the Thessalonian..

Ben N

Do you want to run something in parallel with your fuzz face? I also seem to recall that people have on occasion successfully buffered fuzz face type circuits, at least the silicon variety (Boss, Bajaman over at the other forum), so maybe a try might be in order. Or the AMZ pickup sim.
  • SUPPORTER