Not working /working !/ half working . . .

Started by paul.creedy, May 27, 2019, 12:02:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paul.creedy

So much drama ;)

I've squeezed two Happy Little Accidents into one 1590B enclosure, and spent a couple of hours this afternoon wiring it up.

Plugged in and . . . nothing.

Opened it up and saw that when the jacks were in one of them opened up into the path of a bare LED wire (one day I'll have to heat-shrink them, I suppose :) ), once I moved it out of the way it all worked fine.

After a while trying out with various other pedals I noticed that one side no longer stutters when switched on, which I'm guessing is a loose MPSA13 in its socket - I'll have to have a look later once I've eaten, and find a way of bending the legs to make it more secure.

Nevertheless I shall consider it a success, as for the twenty minutes or so that it was working I liked the sound of it a lot - a little noisy when the strings are muted but both sides are on, but considering it's two fuzz circuits on at the same time (individually they're fairly quiet) it's only to be expected and you can't hear anything unpleasant when playing.

The stutter effect is modified by how much signal is coming in, and with both on the first one triggers the second in interesting and slightly more random ways, which is what I was hoping for.

paul.creedy

a picture.

I'm still doing my finishes fairly crudely, 1) because I'm usually in a hurry to get it boxed up and being used and 2) everything I make is for my own amusement so it doesn't have to look perfect.

p.s. I played around with the legs on the errant MPSA13 and all is working again :)

paul.creedy

I recorded around 30 mins of me mucking about with it this morning, then took a small piece of that to make this: