News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

MMBFJ201 shortage

Started by Yazoo, July 05, 2019, 02:44:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yazoo

I saw last year's post on the MMBFJ201 shortage. It's happened again! I ordered 50 from a UK supplier and was told they would arrive on 4th July. I have now had an update from them with a new date of February 2020. Yikes!

I then checked Farnell, Mouser and Digikey and they are all out of stock. The only supplier with stock I could find was Das Musikding.

Is this another case of "just in time" becoming "way too late"?

J0K3RX

Doesn't matter what you did to get it... If it sounds good, then it is good!

Yazoo

Thanks for the info. In the end, I had just enough through-hole J201s to do what I needed. I'll leave my order active and wait until next year for the SMD versions. They are about half the price for some reason.

Still, it is strange there is such a long lead time, especially as exactly the same thing happened last year. Am I right in thinking that all the factories are in the Far East?

pinkjimiphoton

i just use j113's from mouser, if memory serves same pinout and no real tonal difference. cheap, too. and consistent.
  • SUPPORTER
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
Slava Ukraini!
"try whacking the bejesus outta it and see if it works again"....
~Jack Darr

Ice-9

Quote from: Yazoo on July 05, 2019, 02:44:20 PM
I saw last year's post on the MMBFJ201 shortage. It's happened again! I ordered 50 from a UK supplier and was told they would arrive on 4th July. I have now had an update from them with a new date of February 2020. Yikes!

I then checked Farnell, Mouser and Digikey and they are all out of stock. The only supplier with stock I could find was Das Musikding.

Is this another case of "just in time" becoming "way too late"?

Temporary shortages of MMBFJ201's or any other device is just like the production line of a biscuit factory, one week they will knock out millions of 'Jaffa cakes' then when they get a chance they will make a run of a less popular 'Garibaldi' biscuits. Supply and demand is King.

www.stanleyfx.co.uk

Sanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same result. Mick Taylor

Please at least have 1 forum post before sending me a PM demanding something.