Buying Enclosures in Bulk

Started by GreySuits, July 07, 2019, 01:25:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreySuits

Is there a place where you can buy enclosures in bulk and get cheaper rates?

mth5044

Sure, Mouser does all sorts of price breaks. I've heard of Small Bear doing bulk pricing, but you may have to ask. Pedal parts plus does it.

GreySuits

bartimaeus

Smallbear does bulk pricing, but you have to add the enclosures to your cart in the numbers you want in order to see the lower price.

smallbearelec

Quote from: bartimaeus on July 07, 2019, 12:13:27 PM
Smallbear does bulk pricing, but you have to add the enclosures to your cart in the numbers you want in order to see the lower price.

Click on a size:
http://smallbear-electronics.mybigcommerce.com/small-bear-125-b/

Then click on the link that says "Buy in bulk and save" to see the quantity breaks.

Regards
SD

pinkjimiphoton

i buy in bulk on alibaba, about 3 bux a piece for good quality 1590b styles unfinished. usually after shipping about 4 bux a piece at 10-20 a time. best deal i've found so far. you gotta look around some, but if you're buying enough of them, you can get 'em about 2 bux a piece or less.

we need someone in the states that can do textured powdercoating and high quality graphics. pedal parts does good graphics, but their powdercoat is high gloss which i don't like.
mammoth can do the proper powdercoating, but not the graphics. ayyyyy makes my widdle bwain hurt
  • SUPPORTER
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
Slava Ukraini!
"try whacking the bejesus outta it and see if it works again"....
~Jack Darr

EBK

Quote from: smallbearelec on July 07, 2019, 02:40:09 PM
Quote from: bartimaeus on July 07, 2019, 12:13:27 PM

Click on a size:
http://smallbear-electronics.mybigcommerce.com/small-bear-125-b/

Then click on the link that says "Buy in bulk and save" to see the quantity breaks.

Regards
SD
Steve,
The Buy in Bulk appears to be missing from the mobile version of the page.  Just FYI.
  • SUPPORTER
Technical difficulties.  Please stand by.

Ice-9

Quote from: pinkjimiphoton on July 07, 2019, 02:47:27 PM
i buy in bulk on alibaba, about 3 bux a piece for good quality 1590b styles unfinished. usually after shipping about 4 bux a piece at 10-20 a time. best deal i've found so far. you gotta look around some, but if you're buying enough of them, you can get 'em about 2 bux a piece or less.

we need someone in the states that can do textured powdercoating and high quality graphics. pedal parts does good graphics, but their powdercoat is high gloss which i don't like.
mammoth can do the proper powdercoating, but not the graphics. ayyyyy makes my widdle bwain hurt

Just as well you don't live in England Jimi, coz I can't get any of that done, I have to do my own powder coating and screen printing. It's a right a crunt.  :icon_cry: :icon_cry: :icon_cry:

Ohh ! by the way Daier electronics is a good place to get cheap enclosures but it is an import from China.
www.stanleyfx.co.uk

Sanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same result. Mick Taylor

Please at least have 1 forum post before sending me a PM demanding something.

italianguy63

Daier (China) is the manufacturer... Well, one of them...

I buy my enclosures there (in bulk).  They do not offer a bulk discount, just a very low price.

Takes a few weeks, and shipping is as expensive as the enclosure's price (wholesale).

The way to go in my opinion if you do decent volume.

MC

I used to really be with it!  That is, until they changed what "it" is.  Now, I can't find it.  And, I'm scared!  --  Homer Simpson's dad

Ice-9

Quote from: italianguy63 on July 07, 2019, 04:46:14 PM
Daier (China) is the manufacturer... Well, one of them...

I buy my enclosures there (in bulk).  They do not offer a bulk discount, just a very low price.

Takes a few weeks, and shipping is as expensive as the enclosure's price (wholesale).

The way to go in my opinion if you do decent volume.

MC
Indeed
www.stanleyfx.co.uk

Sanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same result. Mick Taylor

Please at least have 1 forum post before sending me a PM demanding something.

aion

Quote from: pinkjimiphoton on July 07, 2019, 02:47:27 PM

Disaster Area does both extremely well, but are more optimized for bigger runs, less so for one-offs.